Ford Forums banner

BA Cold Day Issues

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  babluf 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I was out in the Qld country last few days and found some quirke issues. The temp overnight was around 2-3 deg C. And I found the following:

1) When I started the car up, there was a tranny screech and a whine for about 1-2 minutes then it went away.

2) The sunroof rattled until the temp went up to about 10-15 deg.

3) There was a rattle on the A pillar drivers side until the temp went up to 10 deg.

Do any of you down south in the colder states have this problem. I spoke to the dealer over the phone and he said it iwas common with rattles, the tranny he reckoned just needed a bit of warming up.

#8 ·
just got back from trip through Qld and NSW and had ice over car in Lithgow Katoomba and at Hay. Found that there was a terrible plasticky vibration from the plastic surround for the wipers which resonated through the windscreen into the car when it was cold . Also found that the noise did not go away after day warmed up. fixed it short term with wad of paper---sounds like your A-pillar problem.

#9 ·
Hi Barryh,

Spoke to dealer, and they say that this is a common problem where they have to turn the bolts that secure a crossmember in the dash off by 1/2 a turn. It is secured near the A pillar on both the driver and passenger sides. Will see what happens. Thanks for the reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.