Ford Forums banner

The BA computers

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Perana XR8 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was wondering if someone can gimme a run down on the BA computer component that, if cracked, can increase its performance. Is it called a PCM? ECU??? What kinda chip is it? Is it EECV or whatever it called?

Also.. what needs to be done to crack it? Is it the encryption? Is it just a matter of finding the right key? Is it that we don't have a software capable of even interacting with the chip? What's stopping us?

Thanks.

#3 ·
Perana XR8 said:
The system is EECVII which was developed by Visteon in the US i know Battens Performance Tuning are very close to cracking the PCM to be able to change a lot of things that just arent possible using a piggyback chip.

greetings
the PCM is actually Ptec & not eec but as Perana said it is made by Visteon

regards
rod

#4 ·
So what is actually the challenge in regards to "cracking" the PCM?

Software front end? Encryption code?

If it is software I can't see why someone hasn't hired a programming guru for a week to do the code. The sales would return multiple times of what the programmer would cost.

If it is encryption...then that's a different matter...but can still be overcome depending on the algorithm used and key size.

Or is it something else?

#5 ·
fullthrottle said:
So what is actually the challenge in regards to "cracking" the PCM?

Software front end? Encryption code?

If it is software I can't see why someone hasn't hired a programming guru for a week to do the code. The sales would return multiple times of what the programmer would cost.

If it is encryption...then that's a different matter...but can still be overcome depending on the algorithm used and key size.

Or is it something else?
Mate it takes thousands of hours to reverse engineer the PCM software, and its not being done by any person In Australia.And that's a fact.

Peter

APS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.