BA COUPE!!!!!! and BA GTHO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2005, 05:46   #1 (permalink)

BA COUPE!!!!!! and BA GTHO

I heard a rumour that Ford is designing a 2 door Falcon coupe, does anyone know if there is any truth to it. I was told it was on 3aw rumour file in Melboure a few days back!
Similarly I heard that in a Syndey paper a bigwig as FPV "couldn't confirm nor deny" that a BA GTHO might be in the wings!
Crewsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2005, 06:02   #2 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Re: BA COUPE!!!!!! and BA GTHO

Geoff Polites always said that BA GTHO would be released but it was just a matter of when and not if.

However, I believe that the GTHO maybe at least another year away.
XR6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 16:42   #3 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

I'm sure once SVT in the US finishes all their testing for the new Shelby Cobra GT500 and there are enough supercharger assemblies made to ship off to FPV we will see a GTHO not too long after.

Of course they'll probably extend the local testing to make sure something like a plastic clutch clip doesn't tarnish the halo.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 20:26   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewsr
I heard a rumour that Ford is designing a 2 door Falcon coupe, does anyone know if there is any truth to it. I was told it was on 3aw rumour file in Melboure a few days back!
Similarly I heard that in a Syndey paper a bigwig as FPV "couldn't confirm nor deny" that a BA GTHO might be in the wings!
Yep, the rumour was called in just after 7.00am and before the program finished @ 8.30am they referred to a Ford spokesperson denying it....as you would and only could.

David Flint, head of FPV, talked about a GTHO in this article: http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article.aspx?id=9678&vf=2&bg=1&pp=0 which I mentioned in the FVP/Tickford forum.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 22:32   #5 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

There's no chance of a BA coupe. Poor sales of the Monaro in Australia shows there is just not enough of a market for a coupe.
bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:54   #6 (permalink)
The Big Yellow Cruizer

But.... Who would buy a Holden ??
WAXBFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:15   #7 (permalink)
AUPS Member

There is a 2 door falcon coming and a gtho, or maybe their the samething
cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:24   #8 (permalink)

leave the GTHO in history, why revive something that had a hero status 30+ years ago....if they do bring it back, i think it will be a big shame....we have 14 second cars with ford at the moment, why go any further? is it not fast enough for a street car?
fOrD mAn Xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 17:54   #9 (permalink)
Can't wait to be in a V8

[QUOTE=fOrD mAn Xf]leave the GTHO in history, why revive something that had a hero status 30+ years ago....if they do bring it back, i think it will be a big shame....

I agree, but, i think a coupe and/or an exclusive version of the GT in the mould of the HO, but with an original name would be a good move for Ford. I for one would be extremely keen to see this and would more than likely acquire one.

As for the monaro the old shape was quite plain and the new shape is damn ugly.

Cheers
GTposiblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 20:03   #10 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fOrD mAn Xf
leave the GTHO in history, why revive something that had a hero status 30+ years ago....if they do bring it back, i think it will be a big shame....we have 14 second cars with ford at the moment, why go any further? is it not fast enough for a street car?
Ford/FPV are in the business of selling cars and in case you missed the results of the FTE experiment a few years back, 14 second cars are getting kind of slow for a performance car.

It's Ford's right and privilege to use the GT/GTHO name as they see fit. The GT Falcon is selling well for them and most people would agree its been a success. If FPV puts the right package together for the HO its going to be huge.

Ford US did great with the revival of the Ford GT name. Watch when the Shelby Cobra GT500 lobs. They wont be able to make enough units to satisfy demand.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons