BA Cruise control problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 03:22   #1 (permalink)

BA Cruise control problem

I have been having trouble with the cruise on my BA xr6 (12/03).
When it is set it has trouble holding speed going up long steep hills, it will drop back to about 70-80 before it picks back up to the set speed,usually 105km/h. If you accellerate to overtake a car and then lift off the trottle to allow the cruise to take back over it doesnt happen. if you try and use the steering wheel button to increase your speed the car will loose about 10-20km/h before it decides to speed up, which can be real interesting if you have a car following you and all of a suddne you are slowing, not speeding up.

I was wondering if anyone else is haveing any troubles with their cruise.
I have my car booked on saturday and they are going to re flash the computer to see if that fixes it. I wil let you all know how it goes.
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2004, 14:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA Cruise control problem

I thought mine was doing something very similar to what you describe but it turned out to be the nut behind the wheel..!

I previously had a subaru and all the settings were ass about compared to those on the BA, a quick read of the owners manual fixed my 'problem'.

If your problem persists take someone from service for a run in it.. better still get him/her to drive it.

Steve
SteevO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons