Ba ECU problems? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2004, 15:16   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs down Ba ECU problems?

I have had my xr6 for about a year now and am really getting pissed off about some certain problems i am having. First of all i have upgraded to cold air intake, throttle body, air filter, lsd, short diff ratio, extractors, and 18" rims. After putting these on my car i found that my speedo was wrong by about 12kph. After taking my car to ford to try fix this problem and $200 later the problem was not fixed and is still wrong by 7kph.
About 6 months ago i had a sterio put in my car running, 2 amps and a dvd screen runnng of the standard deck. After trying to drive home the throttle was going crazy. The car would hit the limiter and if i didn't have a manual and my foot on the clutch i would have done 360's at the intersection. After getting it towed to a ford service center they said that the low amp drop caused by the sterio made the sensor under the pedal "play up". $350 dollars later they replaced the sensor and i went and had a massive battery put in to try and fix the amp drop. That rectified that problem for a while until i go to use my air conditioner. I live in Perth and it was 37 degees yesterday and i had my air con on full and now have another problem. Just driving normally and my sterio turned off there is no way that it could have been that. My car engine light comes on and the car shakes violently. The only way to combat this is to switch off the car and continue down the road. In the space of about 3 minutes the car would have done this about 10 times.
Has anyone had the same problem?
Any ideas on what is going on?
Prim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2004, 15:29   #2 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Re: Ba ECU problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prim3
I have had my xr6 for about a year now and am really getting pissed off about some certain problems i am having. First of all i have upgraded to cold air intake, throttle body, air filter, lsd, short diff ratio, extractors, and 18" rims. After putting these on my car i found that my speedo was wrong by about 12kph. After taking my car to ford to try fix this problem and $200 later the problem was not fixed and is still wrong by 7kph.
7km/h is probably within ADR specifications depending on the speed you ar doing. At 100km/h, 7km/h tolerance is deemed within spec. At 70km/h, 7km/h tolerance is deemed acceptable, but borders on the ADR spec.

If you change things expect to pay. Changing your rims, diff ratio and tyre profile will change the calibration of the ECU to your speedo. As these are not ford parts you have possibily put on, expect Ford to charge you for adjusting the settings of the ECU.

7% is an acceptable tolerance. I think 10% is the ADR.

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
BA XR8 Driver

Yes, ADRs state 10%.
Your problems sound very much electrical, are you sure that the stereo is wired in correctly?
This sounds like the first place to look, even if the stereo was turned off something may be causing an earth/load somewhere.
Are your amps wired directly off the battery?
Maybe a 1 Farad capacitor on your large amp may help for high bass etc??
Old 11-22-2004, 21:08   #4 (permalink)
It pays to be aboard FORD

Yer I would be looking at the stereo frist.

Dumb pc
AUIII XR8 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons