BA Electrical dramas need help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 22:33   #1 (permalink)

BA Electrical dramas need help

HI need help with BA2 fairmont electrical problems.
Have situation where interior lights keep blowing fuses. Have now repaced fuses several times with no luck. Ford service has now replaced computer 2 times and problem is still present. Service agent seems to be struggling with this and it is costing me a fortune and off the road 8 days.
I would greatly appreciate any help/ suggestions/ solutions.
Thanks
JPK123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 02:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA Electrical dramas need help

Just double check you are putting the right voltage bulb in because if you put in a lower voltage one it wont last that long.

Troy.
Troy cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:24   #3 (permalink)

Disregard that reply i read it wrong thought you were blowing bulbs, whoops i need glasses.

sounds like you have short somewhere in the loop maybe + wire touching body , hate wires.

Troy.
Troy cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 21:55   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

I agree that there must be a wire or something likely grounding somewhere. Why Ford service replaced the computer twice has got me worried. I would argue about paying the full costs of that if it never cured the problem.

Perhaps you may be better going to a reputable auto Electrician for checking and advice on this as they may be far more able to deal with it than your local Ford service centre by the sounds of this.
Old 11-29-2008, 19:12   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Block Ford View Post
I agree that there must be a wire or something likely grounding somewhere. Why Ford service replaced the computer twice has got me worried. I would argue about paying the full costs of that if it never cured the problem.

Perhaps you may be better going to a reputable auto Electrician for checking and advice on this as they may be far more able to deal with it than your local Ford service centre by the sounds of this.
I agree
gl351xd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons