Ford Forums banner

BA Fairlane with XR front end

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  V8RUMBLE 
G
#1 · (Edited)
BA Fairmont with XR front end

The other day I saw a BA Farimont with an XR front end (lights, grille, bumper). This Faimont also had the Tickford Bodykit and spoiler. What was very interesting is that even though it was an XR bumper, it had the little Silver line/trim around it that only comes on the Fairmont models.

I cant remember if it was a Ghia or not but was sequential.

It's nothing great but looks different and original. Id like to know how much it would cost to do a modification like that (just the XR front) and if anyone has any photos of it etc.

BTW: I saw this car in Kinglsey, Perth, WA.

Cheers

#2 ·
My neighbour just bought an BA XR6 or so I thought until the other day I seen it up close and it had a Fairmont badge on the back,I'm yet to see the interior or talk to the owner but all I could put it down to is the owner put the Fairmont Badge on, I dont know why.

#3 ·
About 1.5-2 weeks ago I saw a BA XR6 with an XT badge on the back. I know it had to be an XR because it was blueprint, XR 17" mags, XR bodykit with rear spoiler and the XR6 exhaust tip. The owner mustn't want people to think it's an XR (possibly turbo), although being blueprint (XR/GT only) and the rest of the gear, it's hard to hide. I couldn't get a real good look at it as I had to turn right at the next set of lights. This was in Townsville.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.