BA Falcon - Cup Holder Lid Not Closing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 22:30   #1 (permalink)

Question BA Falcon - Cup Holder Lid Not Closing

Hey guys, I just bought a BA falcon and the cup holder lid wont stay closed. the small clip on the lid where it locks into the console seems to be broken off. Is there any way to fix this or would i have to get a new lid?

How can it be removed? I had a quick look and there are no screws. Pics and precedures would be great!

Regards,
Sarkis
QRI05E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2007, 03:39   #2 (permalink)
Cam

Re: BA Falcon - Cup Holder Lid Not Closing

I had the same problem but I got it replaced under warranty so I can't help you out with any repair details ... still can't believe they'd warranty a cup holder.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:26   #3 (permalink)
fordmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRI05E
Hey guys, I just bought a BA falcon and the cup holder lid wont stay closed. the small clip on the lid where it locks into the console seems to be broken off. Is there any way to fix this or would i have to get a new lid?

How can it be removed? I had a quick look and there are no screws. Pics and precedures would be great!

Regards,
Sarkis
Sadly, this is one of those cases of poorly designed parts. There have been so many of them broken that the whole design was changed, so Ford doesn't even sell cup holders with lids anymore, if you buy a new one, it will be different. Also, if you manage to find a dealer that stocks old parts, the cupholder is sold as a whole assembly and you won't be able to buy parts to fix yours.
marc
backlash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 04:33   #4 (permalink)

Smile Re: BA Falcon - Cup Holder Lid Not Closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by QRI05E

Regards,
Sarkis
the cover around the gear stick put it N put your fingers in front of cover were P is lift slowly it will un clip off open center colsole and lift it from the top and bottom of the cup holder pull hard its clips holding it the SAME putting back
qik40t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:37   #5 (permalink)
Alf

If you gently pry the old latch out, go to an electronics parts supply store ie: Dick Smith, WES Components, Speedy spares, you can purchase a latch that will do the job. The part in question is inexpensive & works.

http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/05_Audio.pdf

DOOR LOCKS
Push closed & it is locked, push again and it releases the door
catch. As used in portable CD players.
Code DL1902

Order part# DL1902

WES Components Australasia
138 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield 2131
Phone: (02) 9797 9866
Email: enquiries@wescomponents.com

Hope it helps you guys, as i was exposed to changing a ton of these in CD players, i recognised it straight away when i bought my Ford.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons

« Need Parts | Help »