BA first service and the reason why my Dad beat me! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2004, 07:09   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

BA first service and the reason why my Dad beat me!

Hey. My beast was serviced today. It was found to have lost no futher oil at all (since I posted the thread on the oil usage issue). However, it has an O ring leak at the back of the wather pump, gearbox oil leak and coolant stains on the back of the engine bay and gearbox! The pipe into the bottom of the thermostat housing was coolant stained as well... The coolant was obviously pretty low and it stunk (and was yellow) and I topped it up a few weeks ago with (green) Tectaloy!

It appears that my pressure plates on my clutch are gone (which Ford should replace) and this could either be as a result of oil from the leaks getting in there, busted springs or weak springs. Apparently this clutch slippage accounts for my lack of rw power when it came to racing my Dad to a reasonable degree, and that it may have been like this for a while - and this might mean more rwkw (a little) if I redyno it after the clutch is fixed! Maybe, maybe not - be interesting to see, but it seems that once fixed, I will get that damned silver Fairmont!!!

Now, I was concerned about head gasket being blown since often this can affect the coolant and often testing the coolant for chemicals can show up this kind of thing, and possibly make it stink - due to nasty fumes... but I am assured this is not the case, but I am buggered if I know what would cause the coolant to go yellow and to go off!!!! In 3 weeks! Any ideas?

Anyway, will be ringing Ford tomorrow to book it in for the clutch and the rest to be fixed and then having chip removed temporarily....

I reckon I might have a battle on my hands to get the clutch fixed though! They are probably gonna argue it is fine....

Good news though is that my brake pads are only 10% worn after 14500km! Considering my driving habits, quite pleased with that!

Bring on the F6!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2004, 16:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA first service and the reason why my Dad beat me!

Hahahahaha......

If you can't beat an AU1 then I dont think you should have a licence!
baxr6na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 18:23   #3 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Excuses Excuses
Old 04-22-2004, 00:26   #4 (permalink)
AUPS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
Excuses Excuses
LOL i couldnt agree more!
cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:08   #5 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

OH WE ARE ALL FUNNY NOW, AREN'T WE??? LOL

Wait and see what happens when the clutch is fixed (booked it in today) in a rematch and then we will see what is an excuse and what is not. Ha ha. This is not over yet.

Oh, and I reckon I've been driving since before most of you were born! : ))))
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-22-2004, 04:14   #6 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

I rekon you should of bought an Auto xrchic, then you might of beaten your dad lol.

Betcha weren't driving before i was born ?
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:20   #7 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams290
I rekon you should of bought an Auto xrchic, then you might of beaten your dad lol.

Betcha weren't driving before i was born ?
Ha ha - didnt you read my sig??? I will get him in the manual once the clutch is done, don't you worry!!! What I SHOULD have gotten was the T!!!!

Well, I reckon I was driving before MOST of you - started on a track at age 11 back in 1982! In manuals, I might add. He he.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-22-2004, 04:25   #8 (permalink)
In Pursuit of excellence

I started driving old three on the tree EH holdens and HR holdens when i was about 9 or 10, i think it makes you a much better driver in the long run. Some of the young drivers on the road are shockers, but they think they know it all. You want to drive a truck around Melbourne all day it keeps you on your toes. P-platers and curry munching taxi drivers as bad as one another.
BA Pursuit, Blueprint,Silver stripes, Prestige sound, Leather, Sports s/wheel
cams290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:34   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cams290
I started driving old three on the tree EH holdens and HR holdens when i was about 9 or 10, i think it makes you a much better driver in the long run. Some of the young drivers on the road are shockers, but they think they know it all. You want to drive a truck around Melbourne all day it keeps you on your toes. P-platers and curry munching taxi drivers as bad as one another.
Agreed Cameron (that's my son's name too), but everyone has to learn somewhere I guess. And there is something nice about enthusiasm as long as it is combined with common sense....I was on a track for 3 years before I was allowed on the road and I think that was a good place to learn in some ways.....

Having said that, I think a lot of the young guys on here sound really sensible and have their heads screwed on the right way - I have been really impressed actually. I hope my son grows up to be so enthusiastic about cars and also with some of the common sense I see on here....

Driving a truck around Mebourne must be hard, but you have a decent road system most of the time, yeah?
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-23-2004, 22:36   #10 (permalink)

`i thought u scratched his car so he beat u
bedflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons