Ba Futura - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2002, 02:51   #1 (permalink)

Ba Futura

well i know i told you all i was getting an XR6 N/A, but because of all the trouble i had trying to even get one ordered, i had to settle for a new Futura which i still wont get for five weeks. Got the 17inch Fairmont Ghia option wheels on it and the side airbags. Its also coming with the fog lamps that are on the Fairmont Ghia. Can't wait to get even though its not an XR. Got it for a Bargin price aswell.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2002, 02:58   #2 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Nice one mate, sounds sweet. How much was it all up?
I saw a XR6 the other day in Blueprint and it looked fantastic, not to take anything away from the Futura if your in a rush. I thought the Futura and XR6 N/A were similar dollars?

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:01   #3 (permalink)

yeah they are, but the only problem is i couldnt get fleet discount on the XR unless i waited till June next year. This is the same for any other Fleet buyers out there. Ford wont offer fleet discounts on XR's till they fill up consumer orders who are paying full price. I picked the Futura up for $36900.00 and got $25000 trade for the AU2 Fairmont
Old 11-12-2002, 03:26   #4 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by XR6MAN
yeah they are, but the only problem is i couldnt get fleet discount on the XR unless i waited till June next year. This is the same for any other Fleet buyers out there. Ford wont offer fleet discounts on XR's till they fill up consumer orders who are paying full price. I picked the Futura up for $36900.00 and got $25000 trade for the AU2 Fairmont
Are you serious??? Gee thats a good way to start isn't it. I wonder if that applies in my situation. I get a Ford employee discount. If so, better start hoping for the rumoured XT8 model to come about..lol

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 03:47   #5 (permalink)
On The Edge Of Adhesion

Quote:
Originally posted by CDAA
Are you serious??? Gee thats a good way to start isn't it. I wonder if that applies in my situation. I get a Ford employee discount. If so, better start hoping for the rumoured XT8 model to come about..lol
XT8?

Is that meant to be a rival to the SV8?

What about an SR8, 220kw V8 with 17" mags and spoiler kit, that could be a goer.
V8RUMBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 07:36   #6 (permalink)

yeah pulled the XT8 name out of my bottom in another thread :)

competitor to the Holden SV8 rumoured to be coming out.
snavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 13:15   #7 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

XR6Man,
Sorry to burst your bouble. The fleet discount thing comes down to the dealer. I am looking at the XR6T and I have 2 dealers falling over them selves to get my order with a $5K discount. I am in no hurry and am ready to wait for the Feb/Mar delivery. As for the XR6 N/A there are a heap around in dealers (Melbourne) and in talking to my local dood they are doing heaps of trading between them selves to fill their orders. It is a matter of shopping around. Best of luck with the Futura though.. Sounds like a nice rig / deal.
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 13:47   #8 (permalink)
Ford Parts Interpretor

I think you will find a long, long wait on the Fairmont Ghia front parking lamps too, our dealership had to return any we had and Ford, and then they made the whole kit oblslete. I wouldnt hold my breath for it being fitted.
Old 11-12-2002, 13:53   #9 (permalink)

Parking lamps

Thats very interesting about the parking lamps? Because all the information about them has been taken off the website. Why has Ford stopped that idea?
Old 11-12-2002, 13:57   #10 (permalink)
BA at last

I have obtained quotes for both the XR6 and XR6 T and the fleet discount has definitely been applied. A dealer I spoke to also mentioned that it was available.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons