BA Futura - dumped and 18" wheels what about ride quality? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2004, 05:32   #1 (permalink)

BA Futura - dumped and 18" wheels what about ride quality?

Well, plumbed down the cash for 'Silouette' Black BA Futura...having seen the DJR320 special in the mags I considered it wasn't so far removed from the standard visuals that given a a body-kit, lowering and similar BBS wheels I too could look (almost) that good.
I wonder though just how much of Ford's work I will be undoing by buggering it all up with lowering and big wheels? I'm thinking more like my old man these days - since I already have a 'track' car for days at Wakefield Park...BA has become project Datto's most expensive accessory yet --> the tow-car!!
LowDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2004, 14:40   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: BA Futura - dumped and 18" wheels what about ride quality?

18's are available from the factory, (option on XR8's etc) so I don't think you can bugger it up. As long as you get the shocks to match the lowered springs, it can be a sweet ride, both visually and behind the wheel.
Old 02-23-2004, 14:42   #3 (permalink)
Just hear the Exhaust!

Did you opt for the camber kit? Apparently.....According to the service depo's, you will have an endless battle getting lowered wheels aligned properly without them.
Old 02-23-2004, 17:33   #4 (permalink)

Nah, too many $$$ dropped for me to buy new...its 12 months old @$25k with traction cntrl, 1600kg t-bar, and warm charcoal optioned interior.
I thought it was LSD since diff tag read "ford performance, use special lubricant" but LSD does not come with traction cntrol - so it can't be.
Old 02-23-2004, 19:25   #5 (permalink)

Just got quote for 30mm lowering with c&c kit = $876.40, springs used can be either lovells linear rate or kings progressive. Fom suspension place that know their stuff and has done work on my little 'track' car. Is that reasonable? I'll have to do some comparisons on the quote.
Travelled 38k kays.
Just grabbed the charcoal Ford floor mats and alloy scuff plates - looking better already - does one cut and peel away the clear plastic over the Ford logo on the plates or is it meant for water resistance?
Old 05-10-2004, 21:39   #6 (permalink)

traction control only comes with LSD on XR models.

no other
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 22:27   #7 (permalink)
X-DM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDat
Just got quote for 30mm lowering with c&c kit = $876.40, springs used can be either lovells linear rate or kings progressive. Fom suspension place that know their stuff and has done work on my little 'track' car. Is that reasonable? I'll have to do some comparisons on the quote.
Travelled 38k kays.
Just grabbed the charcoal Ford floor mats and alloy scuff plates - looking better already - does one cut and peel away the clear plastic over the Ford logo on the plates or is it meant for water resistance?
I have King Springs in my ute and I know the back springs are differant to the cars but the front springs ride very well compared to the standard springs...and I think that the price is good as well..
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 14:59   #8 (permalink)

i have 'Low' Kings all round on my BA XR8 on 18" after market wheels and to me it makes a huge difference. I had the opportunity to drive the car for a couple of hours before it went into the wheel shop for the additions (purchased with the car) and ride is heaps better and stiffer, but not enough to wreck the 'driveability' of the car.

The lowered springs give the car a much better stance. When you see a standard XR beside it they look a totally different car.

You have to be careful parking and driving thru parking buildings etc... It took me a couple of months and a couple of scrapes on the front spolier to get it right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons