BA GT MarkII Price - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2004, 00:24   #1 (permalink)

BA GT MarkII Price

Hey All,

Been reading the forum for a some months now, good to see some vibrant and colourful discussion. I finally registered today as I'm keen to learn more about the GT before possibly purchasing.

A dealer has quoted me an onroad price of $63,100 for the new BA GT MarkII with stripes. The price is the same for manual and auto. I beleive this is a fair retail price straight off the bat, I haven't tried to bargain them down. I am waiting on a test drive before I even say anything about the price. How much do you think I can get off that price realistically.

Cheers.
michaelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 02:39   #2 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Re: BA GT MarkII Price

I'm looking at a MK2 pursuit at the momment and I've got the dealer to drop about $5300 off retail, but I have also specified, Up graded leather, sports wheel, stripes, bonnet emblems and floor mats.

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:50   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter
I'm looking at a MK2 pursuit at the momment and I've got the dealer to drop about $5300 off retail, but I have also specified, Up graded leather, sports wheel, stripes, bonnet emblems and floor mats.
I wonder if I can knock off around $5000 as well ...hmmm. The GT retails for $61,000 approx, if i can get it for $56,000 plus onroads that will be great. Do you think that it is plausible?
Old 11-09-2004, 02:52   #4 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Id be hoping to get it for about $61,000 there is no bargining in FPVs for dealers, theres alot more markup in XR8's I believe....
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 02:55   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV TURBO
Id be hoping to get it for about $61,000 there is no bargining in FPVs for dealers, theres alot more markup in XR8's I believe....
Then how did "ratter" manage to work off $5000 from the pursuit RRP? Maybe you can work the price down if you opt for the extras like leather, fpv steering wheel etc.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:59   #6 (permalink)
TuffZc and pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelk
I wonder if I can knock off around $5000 as well ...hmmm. The GT retails for $61,000 approx, if i can get it for $56,000 plus onroads that will be great. Do you think that it is plausible?
Just shop the dealers, but get written quotes because they'll take it more seriously.

*UPDATE * Pursuit has just run 11.763 and 116.18 mph making it Australias Quickest and fastest unopened boss as well as Australias Quickest and fastest naturally aspirated Boss
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:06   #7 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Good luck getting $5000 off a MARK II GT!! $2000 max of retail including onroads.

Pursuits are in a totally different league because they just dont sell....
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:44   #8 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Hey All,

Been reading the forum for a some months now, good to see some vibrant and colourful discussion. I finally registered today as I'm keen to learn more about the GT before possibly purchasing.

A dealer has quoted me an onroad price of $63,100 for the new BA GT MarkII with stripes. The price is the same for manual and auto. I beleive this is a fair retail price straight off the bat, I haven't tried to bargain them down. I am waiting on a test drive before I even say anything about the price. How much do you think I can get off that price realistically.

Cheers.
Hi Michael.
After recently negotiating final price on my F6 I can tell you that dealers have very little play on new FPV models. You may do very well on run-out stock but don't expect a "deal" on anything you have to order. $5k? No way. You may get mats and tinting ..... and perhaps even the sports wheel (tho I doubt it). Theres just no incentives for dealers to discount new models and FPV are giving them zilch. So..........good luck!!
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 03:50   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpv f6t
Hi Michael.
After recently negotiating final price on my F6 I can tell you that dealers have very little play on new FPV models. You may do very well on run-out stock but don't expect a "deal" on anything you have to order. $5k? No way. You may get mats and tinting ..... and perhaps even the sports wheel (tho I doubt it). Theres just no incentives for dealers to discount new models and FPV are giving them zilch. So..........good luck!!
Hi FPV F6t

Thanks for the heads up, just wanted to know how far I could push it with the dealer. Now at least i know that if I buy one very close to retail price I haven't been duped.

How do you find the F6? The F6 has raised some questions with my planned purchase of a GT. I am talking about this issue on another thread. Would love to have your opinion. Check the thread out:

I have December MOTOR right here...

Cheers
Old 11-09-2004, 04:52   #10 (permalink)
Mid-life crisis

Quote:
Hi FPV F6t

Thanks for the heads up, just wanted to know how far I could push it with the dealer. Now at least i know that if I buy one very close to retail price I haven't been duped.

How do you find the F6? The F6 has raised some questions with my planned purchase of a GT. I am talking about this issue on another thread. Would love to have your opinion. Check the thread out:

I have December MOTOR right here...

Cheers

He he ... I find the F6 .......not in my garage where it should be!!

It .... like every other ordered F6 is still to be delivered. And mine is build no. 003 ..... so I know theres no deliveries as yet. But as soon as I have my new baby I will let you know! ( Car was in paint week before last, delivery should be next week)
fpv f6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons