Ford Forums banner

BA GT MarkII Price

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  ratter 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Been reading the forum for a some months now, good to see some vibrant and colourful discussion. I finally registered today as I'm keen to learn more about the GT before possibly purchasing.

A dealer has quoted me an onroad price of $63,100 for the new BA GT MarkII with stripes. The price is the same for manual and auto. I beleive this is a fair retail price straight off the bat, I haven't tried to bargain them down. I am waiting on a test drive before I even say anything about the price. How much do you think I can get off that price realistically.

Cheers.

#2 ·
I'm looking at a MK2 pursuit at the momment and I've got the dealer to drop about $5300 off retail, but I have also specified, Up graded leather, sports wheel, stripes, bonnet emblems and floor mats.

#3 ·
ratter said:
I'm looking at a MK2 pursuit at the momment and I've got the dealer to drop about $5300 off retail, but I have also specified, Up graded leather, sports wheel, stripes, bonnet emblems and floor mats.
I wonder if I can knock off around $5000 as well ...hmmm. The GT retails for $61,000 approx, if i can get it for $56,000 plus onroads that will be great. Do you think that it is plausible?

#6 ·
michaelk said:
I wonder if I can knock off around $5000 as well ...hmmm. The GT retails for $61,000 approx, if i can get it for $56,000 plus onroads that will be great. Do you think that it is plausible?
Just shop the dealers, but get written quotes because they'll take it more seriously.

#8 ·
michaelk said:
Hey All,

Been reading the forum for a some months now, good to see some vibrant and colourful discussion. I finally registered today as I'm keen to learn more about the GT before possibly purchasing.

A dealer has quoted me an onroad price of $63,100 for the new BA GT MarkII with stripes. The price is the same for manual and auto. I beleive this is a fair retail price straight off the bat, I haven't tried to bargain them down. I am waiting on a test drive before I even say anything about the price. How much do you think I can get off that price realistically.

Cheers.
Hi Michael.
After recently negotiating final price on my F6 I can tell you that dealers have very little play on new FPV models. You may do very well on run-out stock but don't expect a "deal" on anything you have to order. $5k? No way. You may get mats and tinting ..... and perhaps even the sports wheel (tho I doubt it). Theres just no incentives for dealers to discount new models and FPV are giving them zilch. So..........good luck!!

#9 ·
fpv f6t said:
Hi Michael.
After recently negotiating final price on my F6 I can tell you that dealers have very little play on new FPV models. You may do very well on run-out stock but don't expect a "deal" on anything you have to order. $5k? No way. You may get mats and tinting ..... and perhaps even the sports wheel (tho I doubt it). Theres just no incentives for dealers to discount new models and FPV are giving them zilch. So..........good luck!!
Hi FPV F6t

Thanks for the heads up, just wanted to know how far I could push it with the dealer. Now at least i know that if I buy one very close to retail price I haven't been duped.

How do you find the F6? The F6 has raised some questions with my planned purchase of a GT. I am talking about this issue on another thread. Would love to have your opinion. Check the thread out:

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=89330

Cheers

#10 ·
michaelk said:
Hi FPV F6t

Thanks for the heads up, just wanted to know how far I could push it with the dealer. Now at least i know that if I buy one very close to retail price I haven't been duped.

How do you find the F6? The F6 has raised some questions with my planned purchase of a GT. I am talking about this issue on another thread. Would love to have your opinion. Check the thread out:

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=89330

Cheers

He he ... I find the F6 .......not in my garage where it should be!!

It .... like every other ordered F6 is still to be delivered. And mine is build no. 003 ..... so I know theres no deliveries as yet. But as soon as I have my new baby I will let you know! ( Car was in paint week before last, delivery should be next week)

#11 ·
fpv f6t said:
He he ... I find the F6 .......not in my garage where it should be!!

It .... like every other ordered F6 is still to be delivered. And mine is build no. 003 ..... so I know theres no deliveries as yet. But as soon as I have my new baby I will let you know! ( Car was in paint week before last, delivery should be next week)
Please do let me know how it goes, would be keen to hear about it. If I do order one it will be in the new year.

#12 ·
Some dealers will bargain
I'm after a pursuit and I have a written quote for $56400 on road ready to drive away.
It includes leather upgrade, steering wheel upgrade, floor mats, hard cover and spoiler, body stripes and bonnet emblems.
it is for an ordered in MK2, not a dealer stock car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.