BA GT/XR8 Bonnet Bulge - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2005, 23:49   #1 (permalink)

BA GT/XR8 Bonnet Bulge

Hi Everyone,

I'm the proud owner of a Lightning Strike BA MKII Futura and was wondering if anyone knew of a place in victoria that made the XR8/GT Bonnets? I really would like the bonnet bulge that you see on them and was wondering if anyone could help me out. Unfortunetly I did find a ford dealer who would order me one however with a nice $1500+ price tag and my price limit is around $600-800 that ones out of the question.

So if anyone knows of a place could you please post, Thanks in advance.

Seanme.
SeanME is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2005, 23:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA GT/XR8 Bonnet Bulge

Mate the general feeling amongst the ford community is the bulge is for the XR8 and GT's. however there is some that don't mind having the bulge on the XR6Turbo. In my opinion, I think it is bad taste making your car to look like something it is not. My advice is leave that sort of mod to the Commodore and Hyundai guy's... If you want the bulge bad enough, then save up and buy an XR8.
Old 11-22-2005, 00:04   #3 (permalink)

yeah I guess.. you have a point....

Seanme
Old 11-22-2005, 00:45   #4 (permalink)

I am glad you agree. You can make your futura look very enviable by fitting some nice wheels (NOT CHROME) and lower the springs. Add some window tint and keep the paint nice and polished. By doing that you will get more respect for your peer's
Old 11-22-2005, 17:29   #5 (permalink)
XW GT

Hey If You Wanna Do It, Do It.
Check Any Panel Shops They May Have A Repaired One.
Other Wise Wait5 Years Til There At The Wreckers
'77 XC FALCON 500.
'92 EB FAIRMONT
'91 EB FALCON
'76 XB CONTINENTIAL
YES I LIKE MY FORDS TO
DANGERXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 14:38   #6 (permalink)
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: BA GT/XR8 Bonnet Bulge

Hey mate, have you tried ebay? There are fibreglass ba xr8 bonnets on there starting at $550. But you will have to pay for freight, and to get it painted! they look kick arse compared to the standard flat bonnets though! Maybe a supercharger would compensate for the bonnet mod... hehehe good luck.
Old 01-31-2006, 23:12   #7 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Hey mate, have you tried ebay? There are fibreglass ba xr8 bonnets on there starting at $550. But you will have to pay for freight, and to get it painted! they look kick arse compared to the standard flat bonnets though! Maybe a supercharger would compensate for the bonnet mod... hehehe good luck.
Mate,

I personally dont like it I reckon its criminal that Ford chase money and sell them to anyone, but its a free country and you can do what you want.
But
instead of getting the thumbs up from all enthusiasts out there, you will just see them shake their heads and laugh at you.
I would make my XT an individual, do something different, Ive always thought if I had an XT I would get a shaker and have that fitted
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
Unregistered

Tongue Re: BA GT/XR8 Bonnet Bulge

hey buddy, try some of the links to the forum sponsors for a XR8 Bonnet. I think they look fantastic on any BA model. People like (Jabba) who posted earlier are so insecure. Go for it dude
Old 02-14-2006, 23:35   #9 (permalink)
XR6T

Buddy, try some of the sponsors of fordforums for XR8 bonnet. I think it will look great people like (Jabba) are not representatives of the ford community!!!! It is just their own insecurity that makes them hold such views. Go for it dude, I'm thinking about getting one for my XR6T.
XRBendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 23:28   #10 (permalink)

Cool

thanks guys, will see what I can do

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons