Ford Forums banner

BA invasion

5K views 27 replies 25 participants last post by  neel 
#1 ·
They are really starting to make appearances everywhere here in SA. I don't know about the other states.

Although I've seen quite a lot VY's & Camries around, I think the barra has gotten the upperhand. There everywhere I look, and everytime I see one I drool, even XT's !
They look so good on the road, it's like they're integrated with the asphalt. I haven't seen any turbo's yet, but I'm sure they're around. The utes look absolutely fabulous, I saw an Phantom XR6 ute, lowered with big wheels yesterday...absolutely HORN !!!

Has anyone dragged any of the new fords yet? (yeah,yeah i know it's wrong) Are they quick ?
Anyways, I'm happy and proud to drive a Ford (always have been) and I can't wait to see (and hear) some XR8's & GT's on the road.

May the Ford be with us.

Paul

#3 ·
Whenever we go on a trip, I always keep a VY-BA count. Last time, the BA won something like 45-28...

#6 ·
I have seen only 6 VY's, all but one of them SS's (3 of them on a very long trip out of town), and a whole truckload of BA's. Hooray! Must help that my dealer is in the top 5 in New Zealand, and the top seller of V8's... Ford Country! (tm)

Reckon the SS's are doing well over here as you can't get a Turbo until March, and of course we don't have the XR8 or FPV cars until even later.

#7 ·
Im starting to see more new fords than new holdens around my area too. On my way home from work 10 minute drive. i saw 2 BA XR6's 1 XT and only 1 SS parked on the side of the road. I hardly see any VY base models. Ive seen about 3 all up and ive seen heaps of XT's they look so good.

Dan

#8 ·
Here in the western subbs of melbiurne ive seen heaps of XT's and 1 in 3 XR6 is a turbo :) I have seen a P plater in a TURBO is that Legal???

#10 ·
I've noticed the invasion as well..... I saw 5 blueprint xr6s today and about 4 XTs... and thats just walking to the shops!!!!!!! :hy:

btw do they even make executives anymore? I didnt see one at the motorshow and even the local holden dealer has SS and Calais everywhere. Must be because base models look... well.....err.... interesting :iwsun:
I must say though.. the Calais has grown on me... still wouldn'y buy one :xlr8:

#12 ·
In Sydney I've seen a lot of BA utes and Fairmonts.

The only VYs I've seen was 1 exec and all the others were SS.

#13 ·
They are beginning to pop up everywhere in the last few weeks, I have seen citric acidx2 and blood orange on the road. There's a Citric acid @ Coffee Ford (XR6 turbo). They stand out a mile away.

Anyone noticed all the aftermarket clear tailights appearing on the utes? I think there from some f-series is the states. Details are in the Trading Post.

#17 ·
Beatnik said:
Over here the only Vy's i have seen are a couple of SS's

But i see a new BA everyday, I have seen an absolute Ton Of XR6's... Damn they are meaty lookin cars :)
That car transporter holding yard doesn't count mate.:s6:

So far all the BA's I've seen have been mostly XR6's - the only VY's I've seen have also been the sports models.

#18 ·
The XR6 both NA and Turbo are very quick. One guy I know at work with a Manual NA recons he beat a turbo skyline, he was stoked. I reckon it must have been a trashed one and fairly old too.

I know the Turbo beats a R32 GTS-T - I have mates who own them!

#19 ·
yeah i reckon a few weeks ago there was heaps of vy's compared to ba's, but i reckon there are heaps around now......at adrian brien's they have like three xr6 turbos, so im booking in for a test drive :)

i agree as well the xr6 look really mean

btw i saw in the paper last week some ba xr6 rims for sale! already!

#21 ·
A couple of weeks ago coming back from Gosford I saw 18 VYs and 15 BAs 2 Focuses and 2 Blueprint T3s.....so they are around. Couldn't be buggered counting on the way down to Melbourne a week ago, but I saw more BAs.

G
#24 ·
Surprising for me is the fact that every turbo I have seen so far has been in acid rush! At first I did not like the colour but I have since found them to be very nice indeed.

What about these turbos out for test drives though - had an acid rush one pull up beside me at the lights near Sutherland. This guy was really giving it to it! Car sounded awesome - even like a v8 through first gear. Think I will fork out the extra for a new one rather then buy a demo!

#26 ·
Guys,

try living in Geelong. I see about 5 BAs to 1 VY which isto be expected however driving about 5 kms from my house into town I usually see about 10 -20 BAs around and about 50% of these are XR6s NA and Turbos.

I guess there is actually something good about living in geelong ;)

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.