Ford Forums banner

BA Locks

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  BIGBADAU 
#1 ·
Just wanted to know what you guys think of the BA door locks. The single lock which is on the drivers door operates all the door locks, which means that all the doors open up at one press of the key fob. Am I right or not?

Its just that car manafacturers are now making it so that only the drivers door opens when you press the key fob, and the rest open when you press it again. What is everyones thought on it? Is the system on the Falcons preferred over the Commodore ones?

#2 ·
you can change what doors are opened by the key pad after reading the owners manual. You can have it unlocking just the drivers door or all doors. Its a good setup. If you have it set up to only open the drivers door if you press it again it will open the rest as per other manufacturers

#4 ·
I borrowed a mates Falcon and this bloke I visited got on the turps middle of the day, so after a while, leave. and as I go and unlock he tries to get in for a joy ride down to the bottlo'.

Sort of, " If I get in then you won't get rid of me until I'm taxied down for more booze!"

The single door unlocking thingy is a damned good idea, he could'nt open any doors to get in and I went.

#6 ·
I consider this little feature essential to security. Especially with concerns about car-jackings or just people pilfering stuff out your car while your sitting at the lights, the ability to just unlock the drivers door is invaluable.

I wish they had this on the EL models (at least I can't seem to find it). On the EL, all the doors open automatically when you unlock the car. That means you're driving around with all your doors unlocked, if you forget to lock the doors after you get in your car. This is only a problem with cars with central locking, because in older cars you just unlock the drivers door to get in.

#7 ·
FalKeen said:
can anyone post on here the procedure for setting up the all lock/single lock function as i dont have an owners manual....

cheers
I don't think it can be done on the AU1's with the older style keypad. I believe the AU2/3 were permanently set to be driver unlock then all and the BA is programmable.

But if it can be done to AU1 I'd love to know about it

#8 ·
AUII can be done. You have to hold down both the unlock and lock buttons and whatch the blinkers flash. Once it does this it has changed modes. BA is the same I think. The single locking idea of the drivers door is good unless your a mechanic as the door you want to open is always locked. Very annoying!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.