BA MkII XR8 - What to do? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2005, 18:45   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

BA MkII XR8 - What to do?

I picked up an XR8 earlier in the year and would like to do some performance mods but really don't know where to start.

From what I've been able figure out for myself, I can replace the exhause to free up some lazy kw's and I can also do a "chip mod" and or use a "tuner".

So, what exhaust should I go for? What chip or tuner? And what performance gains can I reasonably expect?

Any advice would be great, and any first hand experiences would be fantastic.

Cheers,

David
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2005, 22:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA MkII XR8 - What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo
I picked up an XR8 earlier in the year and would like to do some performance mods but really don't know where to start.

From what I've been able figure out for myself, I can replace the exhause to free up some lazy kw's and I can also do a "chip mod" and or use a "tuner".

So, what exhaust should I go for? What chip or tuner? And what performance gains can I reasonably expect?

Cheers,

David
davo, i got a ba xr8 aswell. i read up on a mob called capa performance, i saw them in the wheels mag. they dyno the ba for optimum performance in which they also take off the automatic govern which restricts the car once you give it a bit so you dont blow the motor ie for people who cold start in the morning and fang all the way to work. apparently they can reduce quarter mile time with a dyno by about a second. thats how restrictive the ba computer is to reduce power. cheers let me know how you go, envixr8
envixr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:16   #3 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo

Cheers,

David
David seeing you live in Sydney, slip out to Liverpool exhaust & get them to do there full exhaust, headers, cats, & system. 20+KWs in that, a K&N filter,4 to5 KWs, in that. Then go to Granville to Autotec,get Spiro to do a tune, 15+KWs in that. All up around $4000+or-, for 40+KWs... Then the XR will be very nippy indeed..
Street machine Feb 2002
TE50T3 Remember the GTHO? well your getting close.
Motor mag Jan 2002

Wouldn't you love to say that about your car?You loosers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 04:37   #4 (permalink)

It really depends on how much you want to spend and what you want from your car, Chris from Bluepower racing has fired a customer's car down the strip in 13.o6 sec, top affort for a unopened bolt on powered car.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:53   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do a little research and let you know how I go.

Cheers,

David
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 03:06   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
It really depends on how much you want to spend and what you want from your car, Chris from Bluepower racing has fired a customer's car down the strip in 13.o6 sec, top affort for a unopened bolt on powered car.
Davo. For the best results Listen to XRQTOR and check out Blue Power. Chris is the owner of the workshop and his first love is the Boss engine. Chris has teamed up with Simon from Extreme ford tuning and together they make a formidable team. One of the best things about Chris's workshop is the people that are employed there. They are some of the mechanic's and or engineers that were involved in the development of the Boss engine for Ford.

Matt
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons