Ford Forums banner

BA Parking Lamps Fairmont Ghia

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  AUIIIXR6VCT 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

I contacted Fords help line today 13 FORD,

and asked them about the axillary lights for the Fairmont Ghia, and Fairlane Ghia, and as an Optional Accessory.

Firstly the lady knew about the fact that they were fitted to Fairmont Ghia's, but wasn't of the understanding that they were made an option to the rest of the Falcon range. All Fairmont Ghia owners have been notified about the problem, whereas others who own XT, Futura, Fairmont, XL and XLS who have these lights fitted have not been notified.

Ford are bringing a new light out that will be a No Cost Optoin to Fairmont Ghia owners and Fairlane Ghia owners, but as for people who ordered the optional lights on their car, she said that she would be unable to comment whether Ford would replace these free of charge.

She said that the car should be taken to a dealer immediately, but what if you get them taken off and Ford dont wanna give you the new ones when they come out?

Neways thats whats going on with this issue for those who have them fitted, will keep you updated when she calls me back and lets me know when they will be ready.

See less See more
#2 ·
AUIIIXR6VCT said:
Hi,

I contacted Fords help line today 13 FORD,

and asked them about the axillary lights for the Fairmont Ghia, and Fairlane Ghia, and as an Optional Accessory.

Firstly the lady knew about the fact that they were fitted to Fairmont Ghia's, but wasn't of the understanding that they were made an option to the rest of the Falcon range. All Fairmont Ghia owners have been notified about the problem, whereas others who own XT, Futura, Fairmont, XL and XLS who have these lights fitted have not been notified.

Ford are bringing a new light out that will be a No Cost Optoin to Fairmont Ghia owners and Fairlane Ghia owners, but as for people who ordered the optional lights on their car, she said that she would be unable to comment whether Ford would replace these free of charge.

She said that the car should be taken to a dealer immediately, but what if you get them taken off and Ford dont wanna give you the new ones when they come out?

Neways thats whats going on with this issue for those who have them fitted, will keep you updated when she calls me back and lets me know when they will be ready.
I bought a set back at the 3000k service and when i read that you had to remove the front bumper to install them I have been waiting for a free weekend to fit them. So far they are still sitting in their box. I better ask Ford what i should do.

G
#3 ·
Yeh Curls, did they come with a Wiriing loom and the special blue bulbs they came with? Id say you could put them on and just not have them wired up, that way when they bring the new ones out you might score a set.

Ring your dealer about it, i doubt they will have any idea what your talking about because mine didnt, but its worth a try.

#4 ·
Yes ive had a couple of customers sent to me from the local dealer who had them ordered for their XT's ,Futura's but on delivery the dealer had notified them that they are no longer allowed to fit them. Ive fitted them with a little toggle switch under the dash.

Elmer Fudd

G
#5 ·
So Boss are they running on the Parking lamp switch, or just by themselves? Many dealers up here just took the parkers out of the main headlight and when you turn your parkers on the just the parking lamps in the bumper come on, i hate the idea of it.

#6 ·
Just as you described AUIIIXR6VCT. I was wondering, could you connect them and NOT remove the parking lamp globe within the main headlight assembly (as written instructions set out) so that the original park lamps and the below bumper units come on together? Is their any electrical reason for not leaving the original park light globes within the headlight apart from using the wiring loom to make the connection to the accessory lamps.

G
#7 ·
Nope Curls, ive seen a few XT's here in Brisbane with both, so i cant see why you couldn't do it. I just know that Ford is bringing a better substitute out within the next couple of months, so maybe your better off not bothering and waiting for the new ones to come.

They are suposed to be real Foglamps with a switch Retro-fitted into the dash somewhere. Which means your in luck because your car has traction control, you will be able to use the same switch as the XR's and FPV's.

I dunno why Ford didnt put those 2 buttons in all cars just to have to spare switches, they are always handy when you ad things like Spot lights or Foglamps as there is no where else in the car to mount a switch, thats if you want it neat.

#8 ·
AUIIIXR6VCT said:
Nope Curls, ive seen a few XT's here in Brisbane with both, so i cant see why you couldn't do it. I just know that Ford is bringing a better substitute out within the next couple of months, so maybe your better off not bothering and waiting for the new ones to come.

They are suposed to be real Foglamps with a switch Retro-fitted into the dash somewhere. Which means your in luck because your car has traction control, you will be able to use the same switch as the XR's and FPV's.

I dunno why Ford didnt put those 2 buttons in all cars just to have to spare switches, they are always handy when you ad things like Spot lights or Foglamps as there is no where else in the car to mount a switch, thats if you want it neat.
My dash has a spare place for a switch below the traction control switch if that is what you are referring to. You have just reminded me..I want to play in a paddock with the TC switched off which i haven't done yet!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.