BA price rise... when? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2003, 21:02   #1 (permalink)

BA price rise... when?

when is the price rise on BAs due to kick in? If I ordered mine in December and the car is delivred after the price rise comes in, am I still liable to pay it?

More importantly, if I am required, why? My family is in the maufacturing business (albeit not cars)... changing prices after an oredr is taken is *not* done.. ever..... so if so, how can car dealers get away with it?
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2003, 22:19   #2 (permalink)
BA at last

Originally, I think the price rise was due Jan 1st. It has since been delayed to Feb 1. Haven't been able to clear up if the cut-off point is the manufacturing date or delivery date but if your car is built after Feb 1st, the price rise will be passed onto you.

I agree about this being a bit hard to swallow but it is not something new. The difficulty here is that due to the waiting list on some models, the chances of this happening are greatly increased. Happy to hear if anyone knows the details that allow car manufacturers to get away with this but it looks as though we're put in this position simply because of the popularity of the car. I would have thought a fairer system would be to make the price increase from an order date rather than delivery date.

To make matters worse, I've heard that another increase mid year will occur. Basically, if you order for example an XR6T in late Jan, you could potentially be faced with 2 increases considering the waiting list.
Superoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 22:24   #3 (permalink)

well, if it does affect me, I will cancel my order on principle.... not once was a price rise mentioned when I ordered mine.... I'd like the XR6, but I don't like salesmen that aren't straight with me.
Old 01-18-2003, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
BA at last

Very valid point - my experience with my order showed that the sales guys would have very well known I'd be slugged with an increase but said nothing. I knew of the pending increase and gave them fair chance to mention it but had to bring it up myself. Only 1 of 4 dealers was upfront with me on this topic.

I'm not sure how they expect people to react when they ring up with the "good" news. For what's it worth I have known about the increase for well over 2 months so there's really no excuse on their behalf.
Old 01-18-2003, 22:39   #5 (permalink)

my only reason for concern was that a friend of mine bought an XR6 today, they had it in the lot... didnt have some of the options he wanted (preium sound, LSD)... the dealer told him if he ordered one now, there'd be a price increase. so all i can assume is that the increase applies to any cars *delivered* after feb 1... assuming of course the dealer didnt stretch the truth a bit to get the sale.
Old 01-18-2003, 22:47   #6 (permalink)
BA at last

If his XR6 was purchased today, no increase should have been applied. Had he ordered one today, production would not have started until WELL after Feb 1st so an increase would apply. Still doesn't answer the build date/delivery date question though.
Old 01-19-2003, 13:54   #7 (permalink)
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual

I have a XR6T on order and will be built / delivered in March. (Ordered it in Dec) I have been told by the dealer that the price charged goes by the date Ford bill the dealer or the "Wholesale Date" So this would not happen until around the time the car is being trucked to the dealer....
I am just hoping that they do not have the price increase until after March. I was made aware of this when I ordered the car though.. Oh well.. The price we pay. I would prefer Ford to have a policy that says that if it is ordered pre price increase then it is NOT passed on...
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 15:33   #8 (permalink)

no price increases were ever mentioned to me... and the delivery date was pushed back 3 weeks to late Feb... I still have no SIDO, so am assuming it hasn't started its way down the production line yet :(

i'll give them the option... the dealer can wear the increase, or no sale... i'd rather go and buy from another dealer than let them get away with treating customers like this.
Old 01-19-2003, 17:35   #9 (permalink)

will the XR8 get a price go up.
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 17:56   #10 (permalink)

Kappie, if your dealer is genuine and if they do incur the 2-3% price increase then they will wear it. They'll still make a profit on the deal and also they will definitely make a profit through the scheduled servicing. If they're smart you'll come out of the deal happy :) If they're stupid they'll lose a long term customer.

Goodluck and don't stress too much, buying a new car should be a happy experience.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons