BA production increase - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2003, 17:28   #1 (permalink)

BA production increase

Haven`t seen this posted anywhere, anyway officially Ford will increase BA total production fron 420 to 450 cars per day.

Good news, and GP said all we are interested in is selling every car we make, not really worried about beating Holden.
ls1vx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2003, 17:52   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

sounds good to me.. Fords doing the right thing, don't really car what holdens doing, we just make the best cars we can, giving customers what they want..

Its not like Holden has everything down pat.. They certainly don't listen to customers much..
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 00:08   #3 (permalink)
aka "Mr BURNOUTworld"

Quote:
Originally posted by IPhido
Its not like Holden has everything down pat.. They certainly don't listen to customers much..
I think that has arisen out of the whole GENIII issue of late.

The way I see it is Ford are increasing their car making abilities because they are selling much more Fords. It won't be long now until we do sell more cars then Holden (nationally) and as soon as that happens GP will come out singing "The Sounds Of Music".

This is all good news for Ford!
Old 03-13-2003, 00:48   #4 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

Going from 420 to 450 is all very well (it has been reported elsewhere - GoAuto I think), and it's not happening until mid year.

In the short term it should lessen the backlog for XR's & FPV vehicles, but has anyone yet to think about where the extra capacity for 32,000 Territory's is going to come from.

Now before anyone states the obvious, yes, I know a second shift will need to be employed, but isn't the bottleneck in the Ford production line the Geelong engine line?

There is LOTS of behind the scenes stuff going on that we're still to hear about yet, so let's not all get carried away. We should instead be picking up these little crumbs and trying to piece together the big picture.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 00:48   #5 (permalink)
Half Shark Alligator Man

There appears to be a very bright future ahead for Ford Australia indeed , the fact that the first series of a new model (I know its still relatively early days) are basically faultless only highlights the quality and attention to detail of these cars even more. I havent heard of one really bad criticism of any BA Falcon , apart from the well publicised weight issue , even so it still equates to an extremely well balanced car. Congrats to Ford for quite possibly building THE finest locally built car ever.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:29   #6 (permalink)
Wildlife Photographer

Don't take this as gospel, but I think Ford's salesburst is highly affecting Mitsubishi's production. Coming friday our production drops to under 200 a day. 4 months ago we were pumping out close to 300.
Old 03-13-2003, 13:32   #7 (permalink)
Kodak Moment

Id rather Ford build 420 cars/day, and bolt together each and every car right, than increase capacity and turn out 1/2 assed jobs like Holden do.
marine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 18:39   #8 (permalink)

Re: BA production increase

Quote:
Originally posted by ls1vx
Good news, and GP said all we are interested in is selling every car we make, not really worried about beating Holden.
that's bad. it implies every car they make gets sent to customers regardless of quality issues (and there are a few of those).
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 18:45   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Milo Kerrigan
There appears to be a very bright future ahead for Ford Australia indeed , the fact that the first series of a new model (I know its still relatively early days) are basically faultless only highlights the quality and attention to detail of these cars even more. I havent heard of one really bad criticism of any BA Falcon , apart from the well publicised weight issue , even so it still equates to an extremely well balanced car. Congrats to Ford for quite possibly building THE finest locally built car ever.
hrm.... everyone knows about the XR6T's problems (starting failure or limp mode after some spirited driving... an easy fix, but was promised to be fixed at COTY time, and wasn't). then there are paint issues with the silver variants... I've had a good look at a few and paint quality is quite variable, some faultless, some less than acceptbale IMO. the diff is woeful, my EF had a lot of kms before it clunked this much.

Ford will need to get things like this sorted prior to BA II .... the next Commodore may be the pick of the two - Ford will need quality in their favour to maintain current popularity.
kappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 20:16   #10 (permalink)
P1mp Daddy

Quote:
Originally posted by kappie
hrm.... everyone knows about the XR6T's problems (starting failure or limp mode after some spirited driving... an easy fix, but was promised to be fixed at COTY time, and wasn't). then there are paint issues with the silver variants... I've had a good look at a few and paint quality is quite variable, some faultless, some less than acceptbale IMO. the diff is woeful, my EF had a lot of kms before it clunked this much.

Ford will need to get things like this sorted prior to BA II .... the next Commodore may be the pick of the two - Ford will need quality in their favour to maintain current popularity.
yeah and it still won car of the year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons