BA Series II No Go! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2003, 20:19   #1 (permalink)

confused BA Series II No Go!

While I was having another warranty job carried out on my BA XR8 Ute the other day my service manager told me that there will be no BA Series II, for reasons that Ford are very happy with sales and have no need to release another BA series given that there are so few modifications to be carried out on the BA in the near future. His source is an engineer from Ford.

So whats with all this BA Series II hype?
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2003, 20:23   #2 (permalink)
JEM
Future XR Owner

Re: BA Series II No Go!

sales people will always spin shyte just to make they sure they keep selling the cars they've got.
Old 11-19-2003, 20:24   #3 (permalink)
....but i don't wanna go

Consider that every Falcon model for as far back as I can remember (XF) has had at least 2 series, and the AU had 3, and then reconsider what the Service manager told you.
Old 11-19-2003, 20:27   #4 (permalink)
I am The Brain

There is the possibility of there not being a BAII but I still think there will be one. The things like Brake Shudder and other such issues could be sorted out in the next series rather than patching up the problem, and there is always the lingering issue of fuel consumption which might tip the scales. But who knows.
Old 11-19-2003, 20:28   #5 (permalink)
X-DM!!

I read in one of the motoring mags, can't remember which one, someone from Ford said the same thing....But Motor Mag have still got the mid year (2004)
marked as BA2 up grade...... Who knows!
Old 11-19-2003, 20:41   #6 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

It might not need any modifications but to keep sales going strongly they will have to release a series 2 with interior material changes and external pieces to keep it looking fresh.
Old 11-19-2003, 21:15   #7 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
While I was having another warranty job carried out on my BA XR8 Ute the other day my service manager told me that there will be no BA Series II, for reasons that Ford are very happy with sales and have no need to release another BA series given that there are so few modifications to be carried out on the BA in the near future. His source is an engineer from Ford.

The new tooling currently being made for certain part changes would not be happening , unless Ford plan to release it on the current model , which I very much doubt , due to the radical change.

Last edited by Fordhead; 11-19-2003 at 21:17.
Old 11-20-2003, 00:26   #8 (permalink)

some more info to confuse everyone, at the syd motor show i was talking with a customer service rep from ford - after doing the sales type thing he mentioned that he had heard around the water cooler at work that the BAII would be released at syd motor show 2004......

but then again he could have been pi$$ing in my pocket!!
Old 11-20-2003, 01:43   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke

No BA Series II ? - what a crock of Sh*&%t !!!!!

Dealer & service managers will always spin crap to keep sales of their current models up. When do you know if a car dealer or their service manager is lying? - when their lips move !

Ford knows that Holden will be dropping the new HFV6 in the Commodore around Sep 2004 - with a likely 5 or 6 speed auto. These are BIG changes for the Commordore which will probably put it ahead again, and Ford wouldn't be stupid enough to get left behind again. (or would they..?? ..hmmmm)

It would be nice to see Ford take the lead for once and release the Series II earlier - hopefully with an even better tuned motor, 5/6 speed auto, some weight loss, and some reshaping to freshen it up.

The Falcon has already lost the sales race again (October '03 - yes I know the factory shut down for one week - another dumb decision - whats wrong with a mid-December to mid-Jan shutdown? which they will probably do anyway...They should have just extend the December or Jan shutdown by one week!), but I doubt they will make the momentum up in November, December or Jan Feb 2004.

The BA II is needed sooner. The current model will be 1.5 years old soon, and IMO is beginning to show its age, probably even more than the AU.

FORD, HURRY UP & GET THE BAII OUT !
Old 11-20-2003, 02:54   #10 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

I'm starting to think the BA2 might be nothing more than a trim and equipment level upgrade like the AU3, leaving the real mechanical upgrades till later. Maybe they have been spending too much time on the Territory to do the work needed on the Falcon. I hope it doesn't turn out that way though cause I want to upgrade my XR8 to a six speed auto GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons