Ford Forums banner

BA Sports steering wheel

5K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Steel 
#1 ·
I got a call from my dealer that I cannot get this particular steering wheel because it belongs to the GT-P only.
Now I remember seeing some members having that steering wheel on their XR's, the salesman needs to know how did you managed to get it?
JadXR6 and anyone else in W.A. who has it could you PM me and let me know?
Much appreciated.

The steering wheel in question.
http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7040&thumb=1

#2 ·
Once again, a member has fallen victim to the "I'm a sales rep who has no farken clue what I'm talking about' syndrome.

You can buy this wheel for about $695 for any XR Falcon as far as I know.

Chucky (FM) also has this wheel on his new XR8, and after sitting behind it I'm going to be getting it for my XR6 ASAP (it's a dealer fit option anyway).

When you use the configurator at the Ford website it shows up, but the accessories page only shows the more expensive MOMO wheel, so you'd need to get a part number off someone on here that can supply it for you.

There IS an FPV only version of it, but it has extra silver inserts on the bottom spokes, and a small FPV logo on the bottom left spoke.

Cheers
Jason

#4 ·
The only one that isn't available is the one with the little FPV logo on the lower left side - this is reserved for the FPV range. The fact that it is identical apart from the logo and costs a fair bit more is a fine example of niche marketing if I ever saw it.

Russ

#5 ·
JR said:
Once again, a member has fallen victim to the "I'm a sales rep who has no farken clue what I'm talking about' syndrome.
Correct! This Sales Rep is indeed a dunce. Feel free to kick him in the arse at will.

JR said:
Chucky (FM) also has this wheel on his new XR8..
Correct again! The boys on fire!

One of the best (who am I kidding.. THE BEST!) factory steering wheel I have laid my hands on. Well worth the $695 pesos..

#8 ·
looks like a momo wheel, bar the silver inserts near the airbag...

I like the momo wheel better... they threw it in for nothing on my car... and also get the momo shifter knob (also thrown in for nothing), it looks far better than the stock shifter knob...

#9 ·
I can get a part number for you if you want when i go back to work on monday.

#10 ·
Yep, that's the sports wheel. I've got one on my XR also. I don't think that the Momo is contured as much.
From memory, after looking at autotek's stand at the MMS, the FPV sports wheel, while having the little coin emblem in the L/H lower spoke, is also different from the XR sports wheel in that it has a little more leather on the rim, at the top middle section.

#12 ·
The mentioned wheel is called the "Sports Steering Wheel" and costs $695.00 as a factory option. Might cost a little more as a dealer fit option cause of labour charges at the dealer. Damm right FM it is worth every single cent. Remember when driving apart from having the hand on the ol fella, its predominantly on the wheel.

#13 ·
gadgeman said:
Remember when driving apart from having the hand on the ol fella, its predominantly on the wheel.
Look i know the XR6T you had last night is BarUpMaterial (tm) gadge, but that is no excuse for not having both hands on the wheel for full control....

But i agree, the sports wheel has more feel than the standard wheel, although the MOMO wheel goes one better for driving comfort.

#14 ·
Rodderz said:
But i agree, the sports wheel has more feel than the standard wheel, although the MOMO wheel goes one better for driving comfort.
No Way moit. The BA Momo Wheel is a glorified standard XR wheel with either RED/ BLUE / GREY inserts. The sports steering wheel on the BA is the only sculptered steering wheel and trust me, I know my shit. Cheers Rodderz.

#16 ·
There is no difference in the FEEL of the Standard leather wheel on the XR to the optional MOMO Steering Wheel. The only difference is the RED/BLUE/GREY leather inserts and the MOMO script on the BOTTOM of the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.