ba stereo install - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 07:23   #1 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

ba stereo install

g'day guys,
i'm finally re-installing my stereo in the ba. i've done the woodwork and now i only need to do the wiring and speaker install.

the rear speakers are easy.. before i break anything can anyone give me a rundown on taking off the door trims.

ALSO

i've got the ac/cd radio unit half out.. but it seems to be jamming. what's the trick to getting it out? and when i do get it out what colour wire is what? i need to fit the high input converters to the speaker wires and also intercept the speaker side of the wires and send them to the back of the car for the amps.

should i just run the remote power for the amps from an accessory source or is there a better way?

if anyone knows of any tutorials that'd be cool too. i need to have the car back together by tuesday so any help would be much appreciated.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2005, 03:53   #2 (permalink)
love the ba's

Re: ba stereo install

i have just recently pulled out my icc unit, the trick is underneath there are 4 wiring harnesses, unplug them and u'll see it will fall out.when u put it back in dont put the tissue holder back in first or whatever u have there, otherwise u wont get the harnesses back in, as for the line converters dont cut the wires in the dash do it from the rear speakers in the boot it's much easier and u wont affect ur system, and have all these wires cut. belive me...i think that u can use the cigarette positive(+) wire for a remote wire but thats all i no about that. as for the door trim, easy. 6 screws, 2 in door handle, 2 at the bottom of the door, one on either side at the top, then there is just clips al the way around give it a little yank it'll take abit....that's it i guess, let me know how it goes....happy installing...
Old 08-22-2005, 04:31   #3 (permalink)
love the ba's

for wiring diagrams visit www.fordforums.com.au and go to the gallery section. u have to be registered but this page has all the wiring for almost and car for any spot....good stuff...
Old 08-22-2005, 08:22   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

sorry mate, did you mean fordforums.com?? or another site, the only gallery here is full of car pics. i know that this forum stops you from putting in the address of any competing sites.

today i managed to get the icc out... and i ran the necessary wiring to complete the install. HOWEVER, i have not connected the wires up yet as i don't know which wires from the icc are for the front speakers. that is all i need.

as you suggested xr6me i am picking up the rears at the rear but i still need the front speakers. and i'll mount both the converters in the boot.

i also replaced all four speakers with JL audio 120W 5x7's. the difference is amazing. (i had to put the icc back as the car wouldn't start without it.... go figure)

by the way mate, thanks for the suggestion of using the cigarette lighter for the acc power (remote power) that'll do just fine and it's quite easy to get at.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:03   #5 (permalink)
love the ba's

sorry i meant www.fordforums.com.au . the .au is a different site it's the aussie version but has good stuff in it. so you saying the cigarette plug worked fine.?? if it did thats awesome. how much did the jl speakers cost you, where did u get them, do u live in nsw. i put alpine type r splits in the front they are awesome. but instead of cutting the front speaker wires if u can feed new wires through the door that would be much better. try by feeding some wire(get rid of the sharp end so it wont cut any wires)through the rubber bit near where the door hinges then use that as a draw wire for the new cabling. let me no if that works for ya....good luck...
Old 08-23-2005, 08:55   #6 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

g'day mate, i've done the rear of the car and am again with sub! my lord it is AWESOME!!

it's in need of levels adjusting, and the front speakers are still running off the head unit, as i still don't know which wire is which. i dont want to stuff around in the doors, i've already changed the speakers and it's too hard to try getting more wires in there (i'd need two pairs)....

i'll make a very neat job under the dash using snap connectors and crimp fittings. (my job is 12v electrical wiring on caravans) however in order to do this i still need to know which wires the front speakers are.

*sigh*... i've looked all over fordforums.com and i can't find it to save myself. i think i'll ring ford and see if they can help me.

by the way, the JL speakers are $159 a pair at jb, but i asked for the best price and they did them for $250 for both pairs. i was happy with that.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:01   #7 (permalink)
love the ba's

good to hear, im sorry i keep writing it wrong. the site is fordforums.com.au make sure u put the .au at the end coz its a different site to this forum. so make sure u use the .au give that a go. this time i guarantee u will find them. www.fordforums.com.au i wrote it a few times so i got it right for ya.i cant give u the site coz u have to be a member. so again fordforums.com.au...lol sorry for the repitition
Old 08-24-2005, 04:03   #8 (permalink)
love the ba's

oh i get, everytime i write www.fordforum.com.(au) it always cut off the .au at the end for some reason. thats why you kept getting the wrong site...
Old 08-24-2005, 07:24   #9 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i found em mate! that's a good page and well worth remembering. (i was already a member but didn't know that was there)

well i went to ford and they gave me the same printout as what was on the website anyhow... but it does answer my question... now all i need is an afternoon.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:59   #10 (permalink)
love the ba's

good stuff, well have fun. by the way bit off subject but your car sounds like its some serious stuff. is there any chance of u sending some fotos of it... also how do u find the capa flash tuner is it easy to use and effective...???
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons