BA Warped Rear Discs??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2003, 22:00   #1 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

BA Warped Rear Discs???

I was wondering if anyone else with a BA has been experiencing an intermittent rubbing sound from their rear brakes.

Iím not sure if the disc is slightly warped or the handbrake is just improperly adjusted and dragging, but we first noticed it during the trip to Melbourne for the FPV Day weekend, and a couple of the guys at work commented this morning that it was quite audible from the outside of the car as I arrived at work (my stereo is normally too loud for me to hear it from the inside).

Today while out seeing a customer I was driving with the windows down and the stereo off and it was very noticeable, a constant intermittent rub that reminds me of the old warped disc sound of yesteryear.

Iím going to take it back to the dealer shortly to get them to have a look at it, but I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if itís a known bug with the AU/BA model.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2003, 22:14   #2 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Jase,

Just for the record i've heard other BA's do exactly the same thing as your car when i walked past one driving.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 22:38   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

hmmm i am not experiencing it as yet (hope not) but i am getting an awful shudder at the front when i do a *slight* braking. Sometimes when I am driving on a freeway or something it also shudders at the front. Another case of warped brakes? Tell us how you go Jason with your situation, very curious!
Old 03-17-2003, 22:39   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

AU's were notorious for dragging the handbrake drums. Smart techs sent them off for a smidgen of machining that resolved the problem instantly. It reappears eventually but can be fixed the same way again (mione reappeared after 60k km).

Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I have heard lots of VX SS's with this noise too .. dunno why SS's but it's a caliper dragging sound.. must be a feature of late model hand brakes :)
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:50   #6 (permalink)

My AU was shocking for it. Stupid pricks at service just loosened off the cable which effectively done nothing except make it that the handbrake lever had to be on flat out for it to even hold.
BA seems to have an ever so slight rubbing sound also...will keep an ear out for it.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:06   #7 (permalink)

dads BA just squeaks when you apply the brakes, and Squeaks loud, should he be worried?
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 03:37   #8 (permalink)
THE VILLAGE LUNITIC

nah just get some brake clean and spray the hell out of them, squeeling occurs after rain or dirt driving when small metal or stone particals get traped between the disc and the rotor and cause a metalic scraping sound, nothing to be much concerned about but its not good for ur rotors

White NL Fairlane Ghia, 'TQE', Superlows, Limo Tint, Pacemaker Tuned length comp spec extractors and lukey exhaust system with 5L cat, ported/polished head to flow 330hp, custom grind AU BILLET cam, chiptorque HP4 reprogramable chip, Alpine MP3/DVD/CD headunit, 550W alpine V series AMP, 12' Alpine Sub, 18" Advanti Chrome Alloys.

191.3RWHP 15.301@92MPH willowbank raceway. ghay 3.08 single spinner:(
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:12   #9 (permalink)

How can you clean them, i dont even know how to get into them.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons