Is the BA well assembled? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Number of minor faults
None 34 32.69%
Less than 5 41 39.42%
Less than 10 9 8.65%
More than 10 20 19.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2003, 00:52   #1 (permalink)

Question Is the BA well assembled?

For BA owners/drivers comment, I need to know if only a handful of BAs have been assembled by the local incompetent, or do they all have issues with consistency?

If my BA is a typical example, then the (excellent) engineering for vehicle dynamics and basic ergonomics have been shot in the foot by all of the bits that either fall off or donít fit.

If you design it so that idiots can put it together properly, will you then employ a new breed of idiot to challenge your abilities?

How many minor faults does/has your car have?
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2003, 04:10   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: Is the BA well assembled?

Only fault so far is brake shudder!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:28   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

my only fault was, a blemish the size of a 20 cent piece in the windscreen top right hand side.... windscreen makers fault had it changed striaght away ok now

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 13:18   #4 (permalink)

I've found only 2 faults so far (picked up the car only about 6 days ago). A minor paint blemish on the driver door, above the window. Real minor and only noticable when looking very closely (and it has some texture too it). The other is my Petrol lid. One edge of it isn't painted properly, but I'll get it sorted under warrenty. Everything else is damn good though. Very impressed so far and no other problems to speak of (touch wood).
Blood Orange XR6T - 5 spd manual - Premium Brakes - Premium Sound - Leather Interior - Herrod Suspension Kit - Momo Gear Knob - Alarm Kit - Auxilliary Audio Plug-in - Mud Spats - Window Tinting - XR Mats ---
KrasH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 18:15   #5 (permalink)
Mmmm, forbidden donut

Only driven a BA once (work car) and the only gripe I could point out was some fairly average interior trim alignment.
Old 09-24-2003, 23:20   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

I had a think about this to try and remember what Iíve complained about.

Brakes were biggest issue Ė machined once then fixed after I put on DBA front slotted rotors.
Handbrake was also dragging on rear brake rotor.
Horn didnít work Ė needed new horn pad for wheel.
BEM module needed replacing Ė crazy alarm / power window faults.
XR scuff insert on drivers door was incorrectly installed (dealers fault).
Greasy fingerprint marks on A pillar.
Clips missing from drivers floor mat (a supplier mistake).

Currently;
Steering rack clicking.
Handbrake dragging again, rear rotors possibly warped.
Slight whine from auto in 3rd gear when in performance mode (not sure if this was always there or not).
Plastic piece on base of front passenger headrest broken (I have no idea how long this has been busted for Ė only spotted 2 weeks ago).

This may seem a lot, but itís not that these little faults are there that I find frustrating, itís that you have to go back to the dealer on average at least twice with each of them.

My car was an early build example and I am VERY impressed with the overall quality and feel of the car. I canít really look down my nose at the build quality as Iíve never owned a high performance exotic or luxury Euro, just Korean 4 cylinder POS cars, so I think itís great on the whole.
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 23:27   #7 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

only probs i have had is brake shudder, no paint under doors and an o-ring worn causing a small coolant leak. Overall I am really happy with the car. I expected small issues and really the ones i have encountered you couldn't say are really serious....
Old 09-25-2003, 00:17   #8 (permalink)
Phantom BA XR6

hey JR, take your car to your Ford dealer and tell them about the clicking, mine did that, the steering rack was just hitting a piece of the aluminium heat sheild. They fixed it in 5 minutes.

My only other problem is a spot on the screen of my premium sound display, but a new one is on the way from Ford under warranty.

But hey, these are just teething problems for a new model, a fantastic new model, i might ad.
Old 09-25-2003, 00:19   #9 (permalink)

As Mr Dundee might have said;

That's not a lot, this is a lot!

I can't be bothered preparing a full list, it goes well beyond 10 items and does include a number of minor issues. As I have told the dealer, I'll stop being pedantic about things they and Ford stuff up when they stop stuffing them up.

Frustrating I agree, I wish I could say the average was only going back twice. Generally the only things that were fixed the first time have been those I hadn't even noticed (like the weeping axle oil seal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
This may seem a lot, but itís not that these little faults are there that I find frustrating, itís that you have to go back to the dealer on average at least twice with each of them.
supermono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 00:33   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Well we've had to have the left engine mount replaced twice since April, it's been about 6 weeks since the last time, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again, if so I'm gonna get them to see if something else is causing the problem.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons