Ford Forums banner

BA XR boot 2!

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  braddo 
G
#1 ·
A friend of mine has bought a new ba xr6 and is concerned about the build up of water inside the boot that does not run off but rather pools in the corners near the rear windscreen. Has anyone noticed this especially after washing car. Are there any solutions - long term rust will definately be a problem in this area!

Cheers

#7 ·
AUForte said:
It's the same on the AU's, I think it's a pretty bad design.
I dont have this problem on my AU,after washing there is water drop's near the ruber but not much and it's easily soaked up with a chamois,not a cup and a half off water,there's not even enough there to worry about.

G
#10 ·
Drying the vehicle after washing is obviously a solution - however - the problem should be engineered out of the design by Ford. As I said I feel this pooling of water will give long term problems if not fixed/dried immediately after rain or washing. Just thought I would let everyone know to ensure they dry as much as possible.

#12 ·
Well i'm not sure the problem is there on mine, but i always chamois teh car when it's finished and open all doors, boot and bonnet and give the insides a wipe down.

#13 ·
Aussie Falcon take your car to the nearest ford dealer and claim the rust under the 5 year panel warranty they will fix it. The problem has been posted up here before and a few guys did get it fixed under the 5 year Panel corrosion warranty.

Im meaning on taking mine dwn i will get there

#15 ·
Don't be so sure about it not leaking, If you park the car on a forward slope, it may well enter the boot. This is where the water leaks occured in my car. The water travels into the boot and then into the car floorpan. As a result of the leak ford stripped the car to repair it. It ended up with new carpets inside the car, interior and new rear glass. They also found a couple of other leaks in the process, one in the rear quarter glass - new window was installed, and another into the front footwell from around the front door area.

I don't know if i'm just unlucky, but i don't believe that i'm the only one who's car got soaked.

My advise to everyone is lift out your rear seat cushion and check under the carpet in the footwell for any signs of water or mould.

#16 ·
XR_Strider_GuY said:
Well i'm not sure the problem is there on mine, but i always chamois teh car when it's finished and open all doors, boot and bonnet and give the insides a wipe down.
Then he rolls it over and dries its' feet too!

ON a more serious note - I can't say I've noticed the problem. There is a slight build up of water, but it does run out the back - the first time you drive it will get rid of any left over water you don't chamois, but I can't say it's been an issue.

I'd be more concerned if water was getting into the lights, as this means the unit isn't sealed properly. I've yet to get ANY water in the lights after 7 months of ownership.

#17 ·
i left my car outside (BA) in the the rain only to find it with both the back floor pans with about 3 inches of water in it back seats soaked had to rip it all apart and silicone the corners of the rear windscreen i think it may have had a replacement at some stage try to park your car uphill slightly nose first

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.