Ford Forums banner

Ba Xr Icc Colour ?

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  XRchic 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying an XR6 N/A. I understand (pics from brochures..) that the instrument panel is mostly blue in background colour, with some red highlights....

What colour is the back-light of the ICC in the XR6 ?

If this is green, does this clash with the instrument cluster light ?

#8 ·
JamesA said:
One other importat feature on the XR6 N/A that I was looking for is traction control. It seems that this is not available (even as an option...)

Is this true ?? (or a mistake...)
I thought after media criticism of this policy at the launch that they changed it so you could get traction control on ANY model in the BA sedan range.

But you could only have traction control OR Limited Slip Diff, not both unless they are standard equipment on the car already.

As for the need of TC - I have only wished for it once in 9 months. I've found that at nearly 2000kg with driver and fluids, the car is not fond of breaking traction unless you are REALLY caning the living **** out of it or doing something totally stupid.

#11 ·
In all honesty there have been a number of times where i would have needed TC. I've got the 18's with the dunlop's that come standard from the factory, and even once the car is moving, if i stomp the acclerator in 1st, (manual - not dumping the clutch) the rear end will give. But hey on second thoughts traction is boring, sideways drift is much more fun ;)

In the wet i would like to have traction control.

#13 ·
XR6na said:
This must have recently changed as you never used to be able to option TC on an XR6 n/a at all, only LSD.
Yes, it was changed after the release, as I couldn't order it, and I placed my order the first weekend they went on sale. As I wanted the LSD instead, I wasn't really worried.

Mind you, mine is an auto - if I had the manual I might be saying otherwise...

#15 ·
Traction control and premium sound (with colour screen) are also a part of the luxuary package along with quite a few other goodies (leather sport seats etc)

#16 ·
I couldn't get TC on my BA NA XR6 manual.... but I agree with the one above - traction can be boring - nothing gets the heart racing like a bit of slide on a damp road - did it just a few days ago.... however, I can see the safety issues with it - have a mate with a Monaro whose wife REALLY needs the TC when she drives it (and it is manual) in the wet.

As for the ICC - the screen without premium audio, it kinda looks like your calculator with the grey LCD screen background with the black letters... with premium audio, the day colour is white background with black and blue graphics (pretty much Blueprint colour) - and when you turn your lights on for night time, the colours reverse - black background with white and blue graphics. Goes very nicely with the blue backlit dash and also the lights on the centre console...

Here are some pics...Hope they help...

#17 ·
I went the other way. LSD. Traction control is for the faint hearted...lol Where's your sense of adventure? For the XR6T, it's a good idea, it's however not needed on the N/A.

#18 ·
NA Thunder said:
I went the other way. LSD. Traction control is for the faint hearted...lol Where's your sense of adventure? For the XR6T, it's a good idea, it's however not needed on the N/A.
Exactly!!!

#19 ·
The only problem with the GTs is that you have to press two buttons,one to start the Boss and the other is turn the traction control off lol.
Cheers John

#20 ·
GTP 320 said:
The only problem with the GTs is that you have to press two buttons,one to start the Boss and the other is turn the traction control off lol.
Cheers John
I am sure you cope! You poor thing - he he.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.