BA XR6 lower grill - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2004, 06:21   #1 (permalink)

BA XR6 lower grill

This topic has been covered b4, but this is a must 4 my new XR6, just what one to get. Is there new modem/makers out there? Have seen up to 1/2 dozen different ones around, but unsure what one to go for.
Have seen them from $80 - $220, big difference. Some have smaller holes and others have holes close to the size of the upper grill.

Out of the people who have got them, what looks best same size grill or different size grill? I'm leaning towards same size grill?
Is the Herrod grill the same size as upper? Is it matt black like the upper? Can u get it without any herrod stuff on it ie plain, as my car will look stupid with that and no herood mods............yet!!
Any pics and assiatance would be appreciated as I just cannot visualise what I want yet, hoping u guys can lean me in the right direction.

Cheers
NB

PS Any word on the herrod website and when up again? Anyone got any email addresses at herrod I can send an email to?
navy blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 05:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA XR6 lower grill

30 views and not 1 reply, come on someone must have 1 or recommend 1.

Any word on the herrod website and when up again? Anyone got any email addresses at herrod I can send an email to?
Old 06-16-2004, 06:33   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

There Are Plenty Around I Have A Herrod One Its A Powder Coated Metal Also There Is A Guy In Geelong Selling Mesh With A Badge Have A Look On E-bay Thats Where I Seen Them.
If You Want A Pic Of The Herrod One Have A Look In The Herrod Forums There Is A Thread There About Lower Grills..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:54   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
There Are Plenty Around I Have A Herrod One Its A Powder Coated Metal Also There Is A Guy In Geelong Selling Mesh With A Badge Have A Look On E-bay Thats Where I Seen Them.
If You Want A Pic Of The Herrod One Have A Look In The Herrod Forums There Is A Thread There About Lower Grills..
XRFPV8
Thanx 4 the reply. The herrod are the spacings in the holes the same as the upper grill? Can u get the herrod 1 plain, with nothing on it? How much are herrod grills?
The ones on ebay are smaller grills (ie. holes smaller than upper grill), dont think I like that look, like them to both look the same if possible.

Cheers
NB
Old 06-16-2004, 14:11   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy blue
XRFPV8
Thanx 4 the reply. The herrod are the spacings in the holes the same as the upper grill? Can u get the herrod 1 plain, with nothing on it? How much are herrod grills?
The ones on ebay are smaller grills (ie. holes smaller than upper grill), dont think I like that look, like them to both look the same if possible.

Cheers
NB
yes the top and the bottom are the same spacings , give them a call, tell them you are a FF member you will get 5% discount...ask them for fitting instructions because some have said they need them...or if in Melbourne they will fit in about 10 min..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 19:26   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
yes the top and the bottom are the same spacings , give them a call, tell them you are a FF member you will get 5% discount...ask them for fitting instructions because some have said they need them...or if in Melbourne they will fit in about 10 min..
Thanks. Anyone know if u can get them plain as I asked B$ and the price b4 i get a chance to ring them?
Old 06-17-2004, 21:28   #7 (permalink)

I,ve got the Herrod lower grille on Lightning Strike xr6t which has the Herrod badge in the centre cost $180 add our ford dealer ,easy to install and keeps the wildlife out.The car looks properly finished with it fitted and XR,s should be fitted with a lower grille at the factory I reckon.
RDynamic white, 17" EB GT's, King Superlow, Nolathane, EF block, Genie Extractors, 3'' exhaust, pod, crane cam.
Manual conversion, Extreme Clutch.
fossil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 21:34   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Hey Navy Blue,

Did you contact the guy that I gave you the brochure for?

If you are in the Sydney area, you are quite welcome to come and see mine in the flesh.
Old 06-17-2004, 21:43   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
Hey Navy Blue,

Did you contact the guy that I gave you the brochure for?

If you are in the Sydney area, you are quite welcome to come and see mine in the flesh.
Hi Jamie
Have not contacted him yet, still trying to come up with the odd $200. Just trying to weigh up btwn the Herrod and that guys. Really do want herrod badged on mine as a joke considering no Herrod modds on the car. ANyone know if Herrod now do them plain, w/out Herrod on it?
Old 06-17-2004, 21:59   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy blue
Hi Jamie
Have not contacted him yet, still trying to come up with the odd $200. Just trying to weigh up btwn the Herrod and that guys. Really do want herrod badged on mine as a joke considering no Herrod modds on the car. ANyone know if Herrod now do them plain, w/out Herrod on it?
I don't think Herrod has a plain grill (could be wrong though), but whether you have Herrod mods or not, it doesn't really matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons