BA XR6 N/A Exhaust Upgrade - 149kw Happy - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2005, 23:37   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up BA XR6 N/A Exhaust Upgrade - 149kw Happy

Hi

Well I finally upgraded the exhaust on the N/A

1. Pacemaker Extractors (Headers)
2. HFC
3. 2.5" Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipe Tip

Pre Upgrade (G-Tech): 138-141 kw

Post Upgrade (G-Tech): 149 - 152kw

As expected about a 10kw gain - I'm Happy
XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 01:47   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: BA XR6 N/A Exhaust Upgrade - 149kw Happy

very nice mate, did the pacemakers make much difference to throttle response and low end torque?? i've got a cat back and headers are all i have left to get.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:05   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawal5
very nice mate, did the pacemakers make much difference to throttle response and low end torque?? i've got a cat back and headers are all i have left to get.
Throttle response is much better from say 20-80km/h - I don't feel there is much difference above 80km/h. Pulling power definately better lower down!
XR6NA with T Snorkal in Silhouette with Lux Pack + 2nd CAI XR8 Snorkel, Pacemaker Headers, High Flow Cat, Redback Exhaust with Twin Tailpipes - 149kw (G-Tech), Lower Grill, Side Air Bags, Power Pedals, Boot Lid Carpet, Boot Liner, Rear Sun Screen, Mats, Spats, Scuffs, Tint, Gold Plated Badges
Old 05-19-2005, 06:02   #4 (permalink)

you know how you have a twin tip

i'm having heaps of dramas lately with my dealer, i wouldnt have a clue wheather he's stufifn me about anymore or not,

but my system is all single 2.5 " , and the back is just that ugly pipe sticking out and its been like that for 2 months now. the tips i wanted was a twin 3 " but straight cut, not rolled (with the thick lips) and on an angle cut so they have sharp looking edge at the top,
i needed a collector cone to accomodate for the 2.5" to go to a 6". and its supposidly rare so he had to order it from difilippo and it costs $50 to custom make, not including the lukey tips my dealer has which are $20 each.

does this sound rite?
what do u have on your car newxr?

i know im running off topic but im just curious
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 15:45   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fprxr6
you know how you have a twin tip

i'm having heaps of dramas lately with my dealer, i wouldnt have a clue wheather he's stufifn me about anymore or not,

but my system is all single 2.5 " , and the back is just that ugly pipe sticking out and its been like that for 2 months now. the tips i wanted was a twin 3 " but straight cut, not rolled (with the thick lips) and on an angle cut so they have sharp looking edge at the top,
i needed a collector cone to accomodate for the 2.5" to go to a 6". and its supposidly rare so he had to order it from difilippo and it costs $50 to custom make, not including the lukey tips my dealer has which are $20 each.

does this sound rite?
what do u have on your car newxr?

i know im running off topic but im just curious
Hi I am down in Wollongong - I got a twin pipe with rolled edges (there was non rolled variety available) which bolt straight onto the 2.5". Redback make many different varieties that bolt directly onto the Redback exhaust - all shapes and sizes. Mine was included in the total package = $950 fitted
Old 05-20-2005, 23:57   #6 (permalink)

hey dawal

did u recently get a capa falsh tuner ?

wow ur going all out arent u haha

how is the comparison to before u had it installed and then after
in all aspects?
and why are u only gettin 150ish rw kw?

see i knew those buggers on like nizpro and sh!t bull/sh!t
putting a flash tuner on a stock xr6 supposidly gives u 160rw kw smack bang
decieving ppl =[
fprxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 01:00   #7 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

yeah, not 160.. but i'll tell you what..... it's awesome!! (160 isn't a big difference from 156) a set of headers should push the car up to low 160's. that'd be goodo.

the torque improvement low down just makes the car jump so much more off the line and all through the rev range. there was an average of 12rwkw across the whole rev range. but the major thing is torque.

that coupled to the fact that now the car can change gears by itself at WOT. lol.

i'm very happy and highly recommend it.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons