BA XR6 N/A Lux Pack Vs BA XR6T - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2004, 05:51   #1 (permalink)

BA XR6 N/A Lux Pack Vs BA XR6T

Hi All

I am new to this forum and new to Ford. I am in the 35-45 yr range and not a "rev head". I just want a "sporty" family sedan (3 small children). I have decided on XR6 (over the Comm S / SS) however the question is which is a better option - XR6 N/A with Lux Pack or XR6T.

The deal is as follows

XR6 N/A with Lux Pack (= Premium Sound, Premium ICC with dual zone climate control colour screen etc, power rear windows, full leather sports seats, traction control, sports instruments and few other things) + Power pedals + Mats + Headlight protectors + Bonnet protector + Mudflaps + Weathershield + Auxullary Audio Socket + Pollen Filter + Boot Scuff Guard + Side Scuff Plate + Tinted Windows + Number Plate Covers + a couple of things I can't recall + the usual rust/paint/interior protection

Vs

XR6T + Window Tint + Mats + Musflaps

Same on road price

Comments welcome
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004, 05:57   #2 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Re: BA XR6 N/A Lux Pack Vs BA XR6T

Id go for the XR6T. Well, ive ordered one and should get it in May.
Can i ask how much you would be paying?? Its just RATT, off these forums, sold me a 2004 XR6T with premium sound, tinted windows, 4 XR mats, Alarm, XR scuff plates, and on road costs for $45,250.

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:09   #3 (permalink)

The price is $44000 for 04 plated car - the N/A version also has side air bags
newxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:12   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

I'm with Aeron! Go for the T! You will regret it if you don't - I did! And you might already know that the insurance for the T is not much more than it is for the NA (which is not what I thought at the time and is the only reason why I didn't get the T).

Any chance you can get a T with the luxury pack and negotiate a good price? If you have a trade in, try and sell it privately to get max for it, then you are free to negotiate a good deal on the new beast - if you trade in they will either give you a good trade in price but not much of a deal on the newie, or give you a crap trade in and a good price on the newie - either way it is the same - unless you sell yours privately.

Mine retailed for $49K with all its extra bits (see below but not the chip) and on roads. I paid $43 100 for it all in the end and spent $1250 on the chip and a couple of dynos. I also got other stuff with it that I didn't mention in the sig - got paint and interior protection, alarm kit, wheel sensors, tinting (inc sunroof), rear electric windows and scuff plates and mats. Plus I ended up getting $10K for my 1999 Festiva - where Ford offered me $7K max for it. So all in all, good deals can be done.

I would not write off the T with the lux package, considering the package is a bit cheaper with the T coz you already get traction control and rear electric windows in the T anyway - if you get a good deal you might be surprised. Premium audio is definitely worth it too.

Oh, and if you haven't done so already, test drive both! Definitely worth it.

If RATT is around, I am sure he can give you some idea on all of this, and correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck dude!
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Air intake conversion/pod
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

Founder MTAS (Manual Transmission Appreciation Society)
Founder Society Against Stupid SMS Language
O.F.R. # 138
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:14   #5 (permalink)
▲▼I ♥ XR6T's ▲▼

Well, if you can get an XR6T for $44,000, I'd take it.
Its up to you mate. Do you want an XR6 with full leather sports seats, dual zone climate control colour screen etc...
OR an XR6T with less options but alot more power.

I think i've earned my stripes...

Θ°° Fusion - 18's in Shadow Chrome°°Θ

----------------------------
For a Ford, see Dean (AKA RATT) at Peter Warren Smithfield for a great deal...
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:18   #6 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

I should also add, think carefully about the interior and paint protection! It was a waste of money in my opinion. After I got it, all black plastic parts (ie around the mirrors) had all these white marks which I can't get off - from the polish. I found out after that Ford just get some company to come and polish it with some basic kind of polish like turtle wax or something - you could do it yourself for a lot less....they just slap it on.

And with the interior protection, it is basically Scotch Guard - and they got that all over my dash lense, which had to be replaced, and my rear vision mirror - it doesn't come off either. And you could do that, also, yourself for much less dosh.

I don't know about rust protection - didn't know they did that.

Maybe that was just my bad experience, but perhaps look into it a bit more - you might save yourself some cash that you could spend on something else.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-07-2004, 06:21   #7 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Welcome to the forum newxr,

It comes down to your personal priorities. By the sounds of it having a car with all the fruit sounds like a higher priority to you than 'rev-head' performance. If that's the case then the N/A version if definitely a better choice for the money. If ripper performance were your priority like it is for many on this forum, the XR6T would be the go.

One thing to keep in mind is the XR6T will most likely hold better resale out of the two (even with all the fruit on the N/A) if that's important to you (i.e. if you only keep the car for 1-4 years).

Cheers,
Colville

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:34   #8 (permalink)
FF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
I should also add, think carefully about the interior and paint protection!
That's interesting XRchic. I went for the paint and interior protection and got a great result especially on the exterior. Apparently mine is a Jarvis Ford Teflon coating that is endorsed by Ford. The car's finish is extremely shiny and is easy to keep clean. I don't have much time to clean cars, but with this stuff I can simply dust it off and wipe it down. As for the interior, it also makes the plastic appear richer in colour and better quality. The only thing I can complain about was the attention to detail on the interior protection, which was quite average and will be done again at the next service.

WASP GT - Mk2 6 speed + Herrod =
CDAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:47   #9 (permalink)
FF Town Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDAA
That's interesting XRchic. I went for the paint and interior protection and got a great result especially on the exterior. Apparently mine is a Jarvis Ford Teflon coating that is endorsed by Ford. The car's finish is extremely shiny and is easy to keep clean. I don't have much time to clean cars, but with this stuff I can simply dust it off and wipe it down. As for the interior, it also makes the plastic appear richer in colour and better quality. The only thing I can complain about was the attention to detail on the interior protection, which was quite average and will be done again at the next service.
Well, as I said it just could have been my bad experience. I agree though, it does look nice when it is done properly - but you can get that effect with the plastic interior yourself with good quality gear that you can buy.....

What happened to me was that mine was delivered on 30 May (Winter). A week later, it was sunny and I noticed the rear drivers side door was a different colour to the rest of the car (milky dark grey). Threw a fit, took it back and got the dealer to look at it in the sun - he agreed. Ford agreed to respray the side of the car at the dealer. They did so, and it was worse - too many blue flecks and it looked dark blue. They resprayed it again and it was ok. I asked about what would happen to the paint protection I had paid for. They went and got the head of the paint dept to talk to me. He told me that some guy just turns up with a bucket, some polish and a rag and just polishes it with average car polish. I told them that I was told that this stuff was more than just polish, it would make it easier to clean, that it would protect it from all kinds of stuff, etc and he said it is crap - that is nothing more than you can buy at a car accessories shop. All the paint guys there had a bit of a laugh at my expense for paying for it.

He also told me that some Focus purchaser was told that the paint protection would help protect it against rust, bird shit, etc and months later she came in screaming and carrying on because there was bird shit on her car, she had not been in a hurry to wash it off (idiot) because she thought the paint protection would protect it - she ended up having her entire top half of her car resprayed because of the damage caused by the bird turds.

Now obviously you wash bird shit off regardless, right? But in any event, she reckons she was told that it wouldnt matter because of some coating or other.... something must have gone on because the paint guys said Ford told them to respray it no questions asked....

I have heard other similar stories about it too. It doesn't matter much to me now because half of my car has none of the paint protection anyway - but all the same I think I wasted my cash - I could have done it myself.

Besides, mine is black and I kinda gotta wash it all the time anwyay!

The only thing I can think of is that each dealer has a different supplier for their paint protection and that some is better than others.

As for the interior, I have done it myself before - scotch guard on the seats and armour all on the plastic - was better lasting than what I had done with the BA (and I didn't leave greasy dribbles all over everything) - I have 2 young kids so I had to get it done and just thought I would be lazy this time. Lesson learned.
Extractors
2.5 inch cat
2.5 inch exhaust
Performance plugs
170.0rwkw
14.80 @ 95.33 mph

O.F.R. # 138
Old 04-07-2004, 18:27   #10 (permalink)

Well I have got an XR6 NA. Nowhere near as many options as you will have, but I am pretty happy with it. No problems so far. And I have also been hunting around for performance gear to throw on it as well. I have found somewhere that can guarantee me over 240kW for under $3000. I will be making a couple of the mods in the very near future with the additional mods a couple of years down the track. So really you can have the best of both worlds - although I have no doubt that the NA with the mods will not have the same punch as the T.
dezziedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons