ba xr6 problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2006, 19:02   #1 (permalink)

frown ba xr6 problems

I have owned a BA XR6 Ute since June 2003. Over this time it has been back to a service department 18 times and has had over 22 items replaced. There are still about 9 oustanding and ongoing issues. I have tried everything in the book to try to resolve the problems but nothing works. I have sent the dealership a letter of demand asking for a full refund. That got their attention. Department of Fair Trading is also involved to try to help. Ford went away b4 xmas to work out a offer to upgrade/replace the ute at some but minimal cost to me. They have now come back asking for the ute as trade and 18k. I can get a better deal at any dealership. So its of to the Tribunal for us.
Is there anyone that has been here, can you offer any advise.
baxr6lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2006, 06:56   #2 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

Re: ba xr6 problems

ouch. i feel for you buddy, i've had a few issues myself over the last year. drive plate has come loose... twice. and it now has new cams and a reconditioned head due to a low compression problem. *sigh*

i still love my ba though.

good luck with your claim.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 22:46   #3 (permalink)

advice? Yes, I hate it when someone makes there first post a bitch session about there supposed problems. The problem doing this is that for all we know you could be a bitter Holden owner who jumps on a forum to bag the opposition, who's to know it's happened many times before. I have had problems with new cars in the past but have always managed to sort it out at dealer level.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

Tongue Re: ba xr6 problems

4vxc

keep a eye on today tonight

as bad as my ford is I would never go to the dark side, been tempted but couldn't do it

give me a vw b4 a holden
Old 01-16-2006, 03:27   #5 (permalink)

G'day,
as much as i love bagging HeLDON's it doesn't matter what brand of car you buy. They ALL have horror stories. Much is the joy of mass production and unskilled workers who don't care.

There is a Lemon law, and the tribunal will in 99% of cases find in favour of the plaintiff. A manufacturer will only let it go this far based on info provided by the Dealers service centre...and in my experience THEY ARE DUMB!

Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons