ba xr6 upgrades - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 22:56   #1 (permalink)

ba xr6 upgrades

hi im just looking at doing some upgrades to improve the preformance of my xr6 and im just wondering if anyone has any ideas, i have already changed the exhaust all the way through, not sure what else to do, is there a full turbo kit available or maybe should i got for supercharger. has anyone seen these Force Flow Test Results and do they make much of a difference,. cheers for you time
strife79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2006, 19:51   #2 (permalink)
I <3 my XR6T

Re: ba xr6 upgrades

Sell it and get an XR6 Turbo

Kidding ... brakes and suspension is worth an upgrade, expecially the simple upgrade of the front swaybar (Whiteline 27mm is a good option). Opening up the inlet tract is a good thing, so get a K&N or BMC or KingDragon filter (or whatever), add the second snorkel from the Typhoon (cheap enough from Ford, and you don't need a 'phoon VIN to buy one)

Seriously .... don't bother with an electric supercharger - 7 horsepower gain? Whoa nelly!
loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:41   #3 (permalink)

Im the same, looking to improve me new BF XR6 N/A, though im impressed how it goes stock with the ZF Box.
Iconic Bionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 01:32   #4 (permalink)

loop's right - get a good intake filter and brakes for starters.
Also consider getting your computer programming upgraded - there's a few places around that can increase power output on the NA 6 by a fair few KWs.

I bought a GT35 turbo (same as 'phoon one) - about $1.5k for the turbo, plus intercooler (about $300 for a cheapish one) and then all the hoses and stuff - total about $5k-6k if you do your shopping and have it installed by a fair mechanic. Heard another bloke with a Futura say it cost him nearly $8k to get his up an running with a smaller turbo - just be careful who you go to.

If you're looking for more ideas, check out the Ford DRIF6 custom drifting typhoon - even though it's a 'phoon, some of the upgrades they've done to it could be done on an NA 6.
Blueprint, manual, custom quad (2x2) exhaust, 20" rims, custom engine bay mods, chrome tail lights, white/halide headlight conversion, boot lid carpet, Alpine Type-R sound system with DVD head unit, twin Pioneer 12" subwoofers, interior neons, powder coated front grilles, more to come (photos soon)

{power upgrades not listed }
xahh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons