Ba xr8 air con - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 02:01   #1 (permalink)

Ba xr8 air con

Only had my car a few weeks now and have noticed that the air conditioner (Pump) is quite noisy, at idol its noticable and as you acelerate its extreamly noticable. But when i turn the aircon Pump off but not the fan it's quiet no noise. Is this normal on the MKII xr8's, i need to know if all cars have this or if its just mine caz if its only mine ill go hassle the dealer about it (through no fault of their own). Also i have 1 red dot in my premium sound screen, i know its not much but the car is only a few weeks old so how bad will it get in 12 months. Will ford put a new one in if more appear, i highly doubt they give 2 shits about 1 dot.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2004, 03:07   #2 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Re: Ba xr8 air con

A lot of BA's have had this, though more XR6's than 8's. See your dealer and get them to fix it, they should know what to do by now.

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:48   #3 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Only had my car a few weeks now and have noticed that the air conditioner (Pump) is quite noisy, at idol its noticable and as you acelerate its extreamly noticable. But when i turn the aircon Pump off but not the fan it's quiet no noise. Is this normal on the MKII xr8's, i need to know if all cars have this or if its just mine caz if its only mine ill go hassle the dealer about it (through no fault of their own). Also i have 1 red dot in my premium sound screen, i know its not much but the car is only a few weeks old so how bad will it get in 12 months. Will ford put a new one in if more appear, i highly doubt they give 2 shits about 1 dot.
Mines a MK1 mate but no noise at all.
I doubt that the screens have got a pixel warranty? I think you are probably stuck with that, but just because one blew does'nt mean anymore will...or won't, it's just a luck thing I guess.
I think Ford would put a new one in if you got a few, but I don't think one will rate a fix.
Congrats on the new ride mate.

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"

XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:20   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genebaby
A lot of BA's have had this, though more XR6's than 8's. See your dealer and get them to fix it, they should know what to do by now.
Well i think ill mention it at the 3k service. With the windows up it cant be heard but i have to drive around with them down as these cars are way to quiet.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:31   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcelR8
Mines a MK1 mate but no noise at all.
I doubt that the screens have got a pixel warranty? I think you are probably stuck with that, but just because one blew does'nt mean anymore will...or won't, it's just a luck thing I guess.
I think Ford would put a new one in if you got a few, but I don't think one will rate a fix.
Congrats on the new ride mate.
It's barley noticable during the day but at night it really stands out, this could be a huge issue with the P sound screens in the years to come.

Old 12-09-2004, 17:11   #6 (permalink)

Mine got a bit noisy I took it in though and apparently it had low gas and they filled it up and it is back to normal.

With the screen try rubbing it gently with a rubber that sometimes fixes them up (on TFT screens any way)

Also with the dots with modern screens if there are no dots to start with the screen will generally be good for the long term (good article on this over at anandtech)
Old 12-10-2004, 15:08   #7 (permalink)
freelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Well i think ill mention it at the 3k service. With the windows up it cant be heard but i have to drive around with them down as these cars are way to quiet.
What's the point of running the A/C with the windows down?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons