Ba xr8 air con - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2004, 02:01   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Ba xr8 air con

Only had my car a few weeks now and have noticed that the air conditioner (Pump) is quite noisy, at idol its noticable and as you acelerate its extreamly noticable. But when i turn the aircon Pump off but not the fan it's quiet no noise. Is this normal on the MKII xr8's, i need to know if all cars have this or if its just mine caz if its only mine ill go hassle the dealer about it (through no fault of their own). Also i have 1 red dot in my premium sound screen, i know its not much but the car is only a few weeks old so how bad will it get in 12 months. Will ford put a new one in if more appear, i highly doubt they give 2 shits about 1 dot.
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-07-2004, 03:07   #2 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels
 
Genebaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canberra
Age: 40
Posts: 909
Re: Ba xr8 air con

A lot of BA's have had this, though more XR6's than 8's. See your dealer and get them to fix it, they should know what to do by now.
__________________

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 03:48   #3 (permalink)
Magnificence in Motion
 
XcelR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: FPV's website
Posts: 318
Re: Ba xr8 air con

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Only had my car a few weeks now and have noticed that the air conditioner (Pump) is quite noisy, at idol its noticable and as you acelerate its extreamly noticable. But when i turn the aircon Pump off but not the fan it's quiet no noise. Is this normal on the MKII xr8's, i need to know if all cars have this or if its just mine caz if its only mine ill go hassle the dealer about it (through no fault of their own). Also i have 1 red dot in my premium sound screen, i know its not much but the car is only a few weeks old so how bad will it get in 12 months. Will ford put a new one in if more appear, i highly doubt they give 2 shits about 1 dot.
Mines a MK1 mate but no noise at all.
I doubt that the screens have got a pixel warranty? I think you are probably stuck with that, but just because one blew does'nt mean anymore will...or won't, it's just a luck thing I guess.
I think Ford would put a new one in if you got a few, but I don't think one will rate a fix.
Congrats on the new ride mate.
__________________

I said to the ICWS ( In Car Whingeing System )
"What's the problem, it's a victimless crime...except for him, he lost!"


XcelR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:20   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Re: Ba xr8 air con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genebaby
A lot of BA's have had this, though more XR6's than 8's. See your dealer and get them to fix it, they should know what to do by now.
Well i think ill mention it at the 3k service. With the windows up it cant be heard but i have to drive around with them down as these cars are way to quiet.
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 04:31   #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: sydney
Age: 29
Posts: 2,410
Re: Ba xr8 air con

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcelR8
Mines a MK1 mate but no noise at all.
I doubt that the screens have got a pixel warranty? I think you are probably stuck with that, but just because one blew does'nt mean anymore will...or won't, it's just a luck thing I guess.
I think Ford would put a new one in if you got a few, but I don't think one will rate a fix.
Congrats on the new ride mate.
It's barley noticable during the day but at night it really stands out, this could be a huge issue with the P sound screens in the years to come.
__________________
Blown Boss 377rwkw


"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 17:11   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
JamesRhadley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Brisbane
Age: 33
Posts: 73
Re: Ba xr8 air con

Mine got a bit noisy I took it in though and apparently it had low gas and they filled it up and it is back to normal.

With the screen try rubbing it gently with a rubber that sometimes fixes them up (on TFT screens any way)

Also with the dots with modern screens if there are no dots to start with the screen will generally be good for the long term (good article on this over at anandtech)
__________________
Whats BLUE Fat and Filthy.... You guessed it my XR8
JamesRhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 15:08   #7 (permalink)
freelance
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: in a Russell Whyte free zone
Posts: 1,086
Re: Ba xr8 air con

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Well i think ill mention it at the 3k service. With the windows up it cant be heard but i have to drive around with them down as these cars are way to quiet.
What's the point of running the A/C with the windows down?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BA xr8 versus AU xr8 6speedxr8 FPV & Tickford Forum 19 03-17-2006 21:31
What price did you pay for your BA XR8 Ute memphis Ford Ute Forum 46 02-05-2005 21:55
BA XR8 - Dissapointing test drive Tote Australian Falcons 23 11-01-2003 00:05
My BA XR8 experience JEM Australian Falcons 8 10-14-2003 00:25
AUIII XR8 220KW Vs. BA XR8 260KW BIGBADAU The Pub 8 03-01-2003 02:12

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:48.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.