BA XR8 - first problem, Great Dealer response! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

BA XR8 - first problem, Great Dealer response!

I have had my xr8 since june, and done 5000 klm's. it's been a great car, without any problems...till now. Lately I have put it into reverse (auto) and it has taken upto 8 seconds to engage. At some times, it has not engaged until i have put my foot on the pedal to get the thing moving.

I rang my dealer and had it checked out. All came back as being ok....so I told them i would keep an eye out over the next few days.

Next day it again had trouble. As a result, I rang my dealer and told the service manager the story. His response was as follows.

"understand your problem, doesn't sound good, give me five minutes and i'll be back to you with how we will deal with it."

Within 3-4 minutes he was back on the phone. his opening comment was:

" Hi, Phil, bring your car in asap, we'll need some serial numbers - your getting a new gearbox!"

Now I have to say, that would have to be the best service I have come across in a bloody long time, Quick, Honest and to the point. and he also pointed out it wasn't worth wasting time trying to work out what might be wrong.

Now I have to say Well done to STRAPP FORD in BURWOOD, My last service was well done with any little niggles delt with and perfect, now this and again all without any headache!

As such, my car still remains like a 2 day old car.........and i'm loving every minute of it.

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2003, 00:01   #2 (permalink)

Re: BA XR8 - first problem, Great Dealer response!

lucky man,im gonna give em a go, gotta take me ute in for a service
Old 10-19-2003, 00:17   #3 (permalink)
Just give me an excuse...

thats great news (not the problem)...its good to hear there are some dealers out there with REAL service :)
Old 10-19-2003, 02:36   #4 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

It's good to know when your in troubled time's you have a dealer you can trust,if only they were all like that.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philstoj
lucky man,im gonna give em a go, gotta take me ute in for a service
If you do end up there either use the online booking form we have on this forum or let them know where you got the link from (FF).

I'd also suggest that the Burwood site be used rather than Doncaster - not because of the service but becasue we have a great relationship with the Burwood team.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 03:08   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

weeeeeeeeeeell.. I have had a few dealings with Strapps recently and cannot say enough GOOD things about them.
They are courteous, dont bullsh!t me and deliver on time.
They are good enough I take the VT commodore there instead of a holden dealer.
Yes, they are a site sponsor but I won't plug anyone unless I feel they are worth it.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:08   #7 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbie
I have had my xr8 since june, and done 5000 klm's. it's been a great car, without any problems...till now. Lately I have put it into reverse (auto) and it has taken upto 8 seconds to engage. At some times, it has not engaged until i have put my foot on the pedal to get the thing moving.

I rang my dealer and had it checked out. All came back as being ok....so I told them i would keep an eye out over the next few days.

Next day it again had trouble. As a result, I rang my dealer and told the service manager the story. His response was as follows.

"understand your problem, doesn't sound good, give me five minutes and i'll be back to you with how we will deal with it."

Within 3-4 minutes he was back on the phone. his opening comment was:

" Hi, Phil, bring your car in asap, we'll need some serial numbers - your getting a new gearbox!"

Now I have to say, that would have to be the best service I have come across in a bloody long time, Quick, Honest and to the point. and he also pointed out it wasn't worth wasting time trying to work out what might be wrong.

Now I have to say Well done to STRAPP FORD in BURWOOD, My last service was well done with any little niggles delt with and perfect, now this and again all without any headache!

As such, my car still remains like a 2 day old car.........and i'm loving every minute of it.
Now, my biggest damn issue is that i've got a BA XR6 and the gearbox is a pig (5spd manual). Getting into reverse sometimes take 3 - 5 attempts. New Oak Ford wouldn't even look at it, and said "they all do that", and "try putting it back into first and then forcing it into reverse".

Looks like Strapp Ford is where i'm going for my next service. Shame really, I previous to my 15,000 service I thought New Oak Ford were half decent to deal with. Also ever since they did the steering rack recall the steering goes "thock" every corner... Really frustrating. Just haven't had to take it back - possibly also because I don't feel like going back to NewOak because I got no pleasure out the service center.

Might just give Strapp Ford a call monday...

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 04:48   #8 (permalink)
Movin!

Just a note the Burwood dealership has moved up the road about 300m, a bigger and more classy looking joint with the same top service!

Edit: the service department stays in the old facility until it too moves to new premises around the corner in December. We will be organising an open day to go with the launch of the new facilities.

Last edited by russellw; 10-19-2003 at 21:20. Reason: Edited by russellw
Rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 19:37   #9 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I can't get enough of these threads. Good service and good stories always make me feel good. We need more of this sort of stuff.

Kudos to Strapp!!!!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 21:02   #10 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

good service good news, bad news about the auto tho,
phillbie let us know what was wrong with it, if you find out...

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons