BA XR8 or XR6T? which to buy?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2003, 21:12   #1 (permalink)

Question BA XR8 or XR6T? which to buy??

I need help I can not decide to buy a standard XR8 Manual or XR6T auto with sunroof, premium sound and sports steering wheel.. (not much price diff between the two)

Either way it is going to be in phantom. my brother suggested i buy an XR8 ute but i have no need for a ute.

anyone have any thoughts on what i should do?
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2003, 22:11   #2 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

They're both great cars, but it depends on what you're going to use the cars for ... highway driving would probably go to the xr8 while city driving the xr6.
Old 04-09-2003, 22:33   #3 (permalink)

I have the same current problem but what a problem to have!!
I'm 43 and have always wanted a new, affordable manual V8 with a few creature comforts since the heady days of the 70's. I however believe that the XR6T auto would be more acceptable to my wife, and presents a more presentable professional and modern image with better resale. The XR6T is I believe the better overall package (and yes I have driven both) - but I'm going to go the XR8 because I will be disappointed if I didn't satisfy the long standing V8 dream. XR8, leather, premium sound 18's.

GT is $18-20,000 more to me and for that money a 2nd hand BMW is the smarter choice (for me).

The only problem now is colour - Red, Orange, or Citric Acid.

Horses for courses. The difficulty is assessing what car you really NEED (rather than want) and can live with as a daily driver.

Good luck and tell us what you decide and why.
BeansNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 22:43   #4 (permalink)

well my dream would be au XR8 auto with sunroof but that is just a little out of me reach (i am in my 20's) i am still in limbo I can guarantee i will own an xr8 before i am 30 though!
Old 04-09-2003, 23:10   #5 (permalink)

I am also making the same decision as a gift to myself for my 25th birthday.
I have pretty much decided that the perfromance of the two cars is not different enough to make one standout more than the other.
It has come down to personal preference, I reckon I have decided on the XR8 because of the dream of having the V8 rumble and that mean looking bonnet.
Only choice I really have left to make is what colour to get. That'll take some more deep thought.
aussie2590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 00:07   #6 (permalink)
bhr
FPR *Drooooooool*

Theres one or two threads in here with polls on colour for new rides, might want to check them out if you need help (though they both asked for colour choices on a gt, an xr8 isn't that much different)
Old 04-10-2003, 02:34   #7 (permalink)
Half Shark Alligator Man

go the XR8 i guarantee you will not be dissapointed mate
Old 04-10-2003, 02:38   #8 (permalink)
Movin!

I guess it all comes down to what YOU like.

Go for a drive, have a decent spin, go through all the functions and features and stand back and take a look at them both.
Other people can say this or that, but ultimately it's up to you. They both have good points but it depends on what you find better
Old 04-10-2003, 07:35   #9 (permalink)
goooone

I'd go a V8 manual over a slushbox 6.I rekon autos & turbos just don't go together too
Mr Jucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:54   #10 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BeansNoMore

or Citric Acid.
whoaa.. no offence, but your actually considering this hideous colour?
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons