Ford Forums banner

ba xre ehaust mod

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mw260 
#1 ·
could anyone tell me the best affordable exhaust to use i want nice v8 note with min droning thanks

#2 ·
Did you say "min droning"? Hmmm. Oh well, you don't want my system...lol.

Are you after a decent 2" to 2.5" cat back system? If so, you are usually looking at approx $350.00. It's all you need for a nice note with not too much "droning". Performance, that's another story.

#3 ·
welcome mw260,
i am asuming the v8 is a BA 260,
Herrod stainless steel cats back around $1300 fitted...mild steel is cheaper...
Headers and cats around $1700 fitted..
works well gives your car a good kick, and sounds great....
5% discount for ford forum members...

#5 ·
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm no drone and cheap...unfortunately for the BA XR8s they don't go hand in hand. (well depends how you define cheap)

The BOSS260 is notorious for droning (lack of V8 lumpy burble) unless you start putting in some decent mufflers/resonators/hotdogs...but then price goes up.

My suggestion is to go listen to as many systems as you can before jumping into a decision. What sounds good to one person may sound sh!te to another.

#6 ·
Hi again mw260, No Drone on a Herrod system. I would guess to say 80% of people that have an after market exhaust on there BA's on this site would have a Herrod system.
Ask them about sound and if they experience any drone...

#9 ·
If you are going to remove mufflers on the xr8 do what Genebaby said.
I know of a xr8 owner removed his rear muffler lost power no back pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.