ba xt egas not starting... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2004, 17:57   #1 (permalink)

ba xt egas not starting...

Hi this morning I couldn't start my car. It just keep turning over and wouldn't fire up.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the gas system but not 100% sure. It has been towed to ford this morning so I should find out later what the problem is.

Has anyone had this problem before??

Cheers,

Andy
wakeboardandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2004, 22:33   #2 (permalink)

Re: ba xt egas not starting...

Sorry can't help with the problem but could you please post the solution when all is fixed as an E-gas ute is something i'm considering if i can't justify the new VW Transporter T5 172kW V6 , finally a van with balls...that can scare those reps in their VY/VZ pov packs when they take the inside lane that ends 200 metres up the road.
Curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 22:41   #3 (permalink)

I don't think it is to do with the egas as someone else I know had this problem.. They never really worked out what was wrong with it but he had the xr6 which is petrol.

Although ford called me before and said it started first go for them!!!! They are running some more tests to see why it happened.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:39   #4 (permalink)
«$k8 ø® Ðïè»

did it have fuel
danxagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 16:35   #5 (permalink)

turns out it was a fuel solanode.... does anyone know what that is and what does it do?
Old 10-04-2004, 18:43   #6 (permalink)
***.boostedfalcon.net

That solanode (solenoid?) could be regulating flow to the motor, and a dodgy one could be either flooding or choking the engine. I'm no mechanic though

Dad's old E-gas AUIII wagon wouldn't start for him one day. Turns out he was pressing the accelerator lightly when he went to fire her up, & this caused the engine to flood. 40 minutes + one RACV visit later, he was told to leave the engine for a while. It then started up fine (after being left for a while). He never touched the accelerator while starting after that! Old habits die hard...

-Dave-
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
Lows
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
AU thermofans
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Custom cupholders
Chiptorque HP2 chip
illegal tint

ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!
Ghia5L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 19:30   #7 (permalink)

I was under the impression you couldn't flood an EFI car?

Must be different with gas.
Ben Nurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:32   #8 (permalink)

I think dedicated gas Falcons shouldn't crank when the accelerator is pressed, I could be wrong as I have never tried it.
SPALDING GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 18:37   #9 (permalink)

G'Day, Some tips for why it might not start:
Fuel contamination is usually greasy or waxy. When the car is cold, this stuff can be really thick, when the car warms up it runs like honey and isn't a problem in small quantities. It could be that hard wax or grease is making the solenoids on the gas converter stick closed or is causing the internal components to not move correctly. Solutions? Get the car to a dealer who can check and clean the converter. To get it started, pour some hot water on the converter, not on the electricals, but trickled over the aluminium parts. It's not something that should be done ordinarily but can get you going. It also helps if while cranking, get someone to lightly tap the head of the bolt on the inlet solenoid - the one near where the gas comes into the converter. The tapping can help the solenoid click open if it is sticking from contamination. Otherwise, crank, off, crank, off, crank, off, etc will power the solenoids on and off which might also open them up but that's a long shot.

If the converter is flooding on start, this can also be contamination in a different area, dealers also have a procedure to fix. To get the car to run, crank and crank and crank or failing that, get someone to squeeze the vapour line hard while you crank, as soon as it fires, rev it up and release the vapour line, ease it down to idle, take it to a dealer and ask for "secondary valve clearing".

Ford dealers have a few different procedures available for quickly removing contamination - easy service = happy miles.

Hope this helps - all assuming fuses, gas level etc are all OK :) Let me know how you go.
wtdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 04:33   #10 (permalink)

Thanks wtdream,

The problem was the coverter lock off solenoid as plunger was sticking in housing. That was taken off the repair warranty invoice. I'm not sure what that means... but it works now.

Cheers,

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons