Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: 250km West of Perth
Barra owners, what would you change?
No doubting the Barra is one hell of a good car, although no car if perfect. List what changes / improvements you would like to see here.
1. Foot rest please.
2. A better 5 speed Manual (I'd be happy with the Getrag from my VX)
3. Less chimes and bells.(this happened to me last night) The car was low on fuel (less than 80km) 1 chime. I reversed out without my seatbelt on. 2nd chine. As I was reversing I had to stop and go inside the house, left the car running and opened the door (chime 3) turn the car off and leave the lights on (chime 4) We were laughing as one chime came on after the other.
4. More feel and travel in the celebrator, she feels as dead as a doornail.
5. Less driveline snatching, It seems really loose, might be that old T5 again though.
6. Standard Traction control (as per VX on S packs)
7. Standard 4 elect windows (as per VX on S packs)
8. Standard side airbags (as per VX on S packs)
Fix those and you would have what I would consider to be damn close to the perfect car.
Car's I have owned. First car purchased in July 1994, in order of ownership.
VC Valiant 245Hemi, 280zx Nissan 5 speed, 88 EA 3.9CFI,94 ED Gli X Chaser, 79 FC LTD, 351, FMX, 91 EA2 Fairmont Ghia, 1999 AU S pack, 2000 AU Forte, 1992 EB2 XR8, 2001 AU2 SR, 2002 VX2 Acclaim, 2002 VX2 Manual S pack,2003 BA XR6 manual, 2001 VX2 Berlina.