Beefing up the BA Premium Audio - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2005, 05:16   #1 (permalink)

Beefing up the BA Premium Audio

Does anyone else think that even premium audio in the BAs is SHITE ?

I am a bass junkie.. I love good dance, techno, etc.. my premium audio does not excite me at all. It lacks definition, it lacks bass (unless you call thumping distortion "bass") it lacks good mid-range. MP3 capability would also be nice (don't suggest the aux and an Ipod.. I've already done that and it's rubbish).

If I wanted to add some guts to it.. more bass, clearer definition et al where do I start ? I'm thinking better speakers as the head unit, amp and subbie appear to be of reasonable quality.. is it the speakers that are lacking ?

1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2005, 18:50   #2 (permalink)
Conan

Re: Beefing up the BA Premium Audio

I agree, I have the premium system in both the GT-P and the missus XR6T. The GT's system sounds better than the XR - maybe the sound deadening is better in the FPV range? I would also like to know what to do to get a better sound.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:51   #3 (permalink)
MMM

i totally agree the sound outta falcons are absolutly shit!!! ive heard of ppl running different speakers with a seperate amp but i dont know how they connected the amp to the head unit?
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:36   #4 (permalink)
I love my FORD!

i've got a 12 inch kicker and two amps which i am going to install in my ba in the next week or so. i will also get better 5X7's for the doors and parcel shelf, i don't want to cut or stuff around. i only have the standard audio. i'll let you know how it goes and post pics of the sub and amp setup when it's done.
2003 BA FUTURA. Harvest Green, Lowered with Kings springs and Koni shocks, 18" GT-P mag wheels, XR front bar headlights and grill, XR rear spoiler, Fairmont Bootlid trim, XR6T snorkle, Typhoon second CAI, K&N filter, Pacemaker extractors with Herrod cat back, 3.73 LSD & CAPA FLASH with custom tune. ALSO 12" dual voice coil kicker, JL 5x7's and 1800W of amps!
dawal5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 06:40   #5 (permalink)

I've put two kicker amps in running 6.5 inch splits in the front and 6x9's for the rear. There is also a 1.2Farrad Capacitor and a JL 12 inch sub. I have put an equalizer in to split the rear speaker line into two. one for rears, and one for the sub. You need to run your speaker line out from the "head unit"(if you can really call it that) into high quality stinger high to low converters. The converters then have RCA running to the amps. The biggest problem is removing all of the whining noise from the speakers. Be very carefull not to put a crap amp in or you'll never get rid of the noise.

The speakers that come standard in the BA are not to bad as far as sound quality. They simply cannot turned up loud period. they bottom out way too early. To keep the sound quality up you will need to get some polk audio speakers or the equivilent. I have pics of the install i did somewhere but they are far too big to post here. If someone has a 3rd party server i can store them on let me know.
BDAZLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons