Best place for Radiator work - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2004, 17:45   #1 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Thumbs up Best place for Radiator work

If you are in the Perth metro area, and are having radiator problems, definately try Radiator Masters in Claremont/Nedlands. I have been having a few overheating/coolant problems, and after he pressure tested it, he reccomended taking it to a mechanic to see if it is a blow head gasket or cracked head causing the problem. So I did take it to a reccomended mechanic.
They looked at it for a long time, couldn't find anything, it passed the head test, and no pipes or hoses were busted or leaking. They hoisted it to take a better look, and after an extensive look, all they could come up with was a small crack in the radiator bottle. Quoted me $200 to replace it.
I said, thanks, but no thanks. Here is your $40 for labour, I'll get some radiator stop leak fluid, and be on my way.

I was still having some problems with overheating, but mainly just overheating, not losing coolant (well, I rechnically was losing coolant as the coolant was boiling in the overflow tank and pissing out the overflow hose). So I took it back to the radiator dude. he said he would give me a new radiator bottle, thermostat, and flush the radiator for just $140 (cash ofcourse).
Bloody legend.

2 good buys in 2 days.
Yesterday I got a 2.5" Lukey cat back exhaust system with mandrel bent muffler and steel tip for $240, 5 months after Centre Ford quoted me $480 for their "official Ford exhaust" and today I save atleast $100-150 on radiator work.
Me = STOKED!
Now more money for when I go down south this w/e!

I will let you guys know how the repairs go - hope it fixes the problem.
spurs_fan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2004, 20:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Best place for Radiator work

where did you get the exhaust mate? if you ever need any transmission work or power steering work i recommend cavelles in welshpool. not sure if thats how its spelt but they do fantastic work and have set prices. none of this 'depends what mood they're in' shit. cheers
ian_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 20:35   #3 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Exhaust was from Quickfit in Morley.
Good guys, who only do exhausts, so you know they know what they are doing.
He gave me the tip for free, dunno if he forgot to charge, but on the invoice it said "quoted price $240". They did quote $240 ($245 actually) but also said tip was extra - I'm not complaining though!
I do need some work done on my transmission I think, but I think it will be expensive, and not imperative at this point in time.
I small amounts of oil dripping onto the accellerator cable, so I am losing a bit of power, but I don't have a lot of $$$ to spend atm.
Old 09-23-2004, 20:41   #4 (permalink)

i reckon still grab a quote though. the guy in welshpool will look over your car, or come for a drive with you in an attempt to diagnose and then quote you then and there. im having serious issues with my auto bands at the moment i think. auto gear changes are literally 1-2-3 from the lights. that bloody fast. have a good weekend anyway.
Old 09-23-2004, 20:42   #5 (permalink)

one last thing what sort of noise are you getting from your exhaust now. was it what you were looking for?
Old 09-23-2004, 22:19   #6 (permalink)
They call me HoJu.

Im getting a very nice growl - not a noisy irritating groan like some exhaust give.
I am very happy with it.
At first I thought, not bad, but after warming it up a bit, it really performs nicely.
Got a new K&N air filter too, so I am pretty happy with my car atm.

edited spelling error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons