BF2 Barra 190 starting/idle issues. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 01:38   #1 (permalink)

Question BF2 Barra 190 starting/idle issues.

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen.

Long time reader first time posted, firstly thanks to those who have provided invaluable time and effort for the benefit of others.

I've had a bit of a search and having trouble finding my way around, so I guess I'll just have a crack at asking.

I have been having some issues with the old girl, just ticked over 55k, only thing replaced so far is the idler tension pulley. It happens randomly, but sometimes it tries to start and the starter power is cut, and it will ignite but at 100-200 rpm 1 or 2 seconds before cutting out.

On the second attempt, it takes longer than usual to fire like its starved of fuel but it eventually gets going. Sometimes the Gear selector flashes and enters into limp mode, turning it off and on again fixes it but today it did it twice.

It seems to idle in go mode at about 500rpm, and if you hit the accelerator too fast from standing start it will make a piston slap noise, worse with the a/c compressor running.

MY gut tells me its an Air intake issue maybe a leak but I would like an opinion from those who have had similar experiences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. - Adam.
theboganofoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2013, 03:55   #2 (permalink)
Moderators

Re: BF2 Barra 190 starting/idle issues.

I know very little on that engine but agree on checking for air intake , vac leaks .Again on other cars the crank sensor / wiring could give similar problems as does a faulty engine coolant temp sensor which sends info to the ECU on fuel needed , especially on cold start .Might not apply to your car , so take with a pinch of salt .Sure someone more knowledgeable will advise better when they log in to board .

Ps
Welcome to the forums .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons