Big J - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2004, 06:32   #1 (permalink)

confused Big J

purchased brand new xr8 ute in January. I have treated this ute like a baby. BUT at 7500ks the clutch started to shudder.
reported it as soon as I got back to Adelaide at 11000.
Jarvis Fords new car warranty is not worth the paper it is written on.
They have told me that they will pull the car down but first I have to agree that when the car is pulled down and they make a determination as to whether the clutch shudder is to be deemed driver abuse, I must agree to pay the bill. Over $2500 worth of goodwill I am not receiveing.
I have spoken to customer service, customer relations, customer care, the dealer, the sales person, the service person, the service manager even the cleaner, and anyone else who will listen. No deal, they will not honour the warranty. Not impressed I can tell you. My XR6 took everything that I could give and it stood up regardless.
Fairies tell me that the clutch is too weak. The 260kw xr8 has only the same 9ooo kgs of clamping power that the old 160kw xr8 had.
Can anyone else offer up some facts as the customer service line is refusing to give me any specs claiming possible company espionadge.
Can anyone else tell me how to make fords honour the warranty. I gaurantee I have never done a burnout in this ute. I have treated it with kid gloves. Help anyone
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2004, 07:43   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Big J

2 words if you cant get anywhere. CONSUMER AFFAIRS.
works in most cases and if the car is up to date with services and like you say you never done a burn out then also your tyres should have even wear all round. i would be demanding this is covered under warranty simple because when i had my AU1, at about 60k occasionally i lost reverse. i would put it in reverse and it would only reverse back at idle speed even though i could sit on 5000 RPM it still wouldnt reverse any faster ( that is till it actually kicked in causing wheel spin and snapping sounds) anyway this didnt happen all the time just occasionally (as usual NEVER when it was at the service dept) they couldnt find fault with the gear box but replaced it with a brand new one without question or doubt as to what i had told them even though they said they had never heard of anything like it before.
in saying that a clutch should last alot longer and if i can get my problems fixed that i had (they could have said stiff shit, 60k and it was you flogging the car) then a 11k clutch shouldnt be a prob.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:06   #3 (permalink)

Ford covers the warranty, not Jarvis
why not take it to another dealer?
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 20:05   #4 (permalink)

If the dealer wont keep up their end of the bargain, I'd speak to Ford head office. If THEY refer you back to the dealer (effectively washing their hands of the whole thing), I wouldn't hesitate WHATSOEVER to persue litigation.
Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 00:48   #5 (permalink)

I'd make the dealer an offer. Tell him really nicely that if they dont fix the problem he can and will read about it on page 1 of every newspaper in the surrounding areas. Then if the problem isn't fixed he can watch it on the news as you will cause the biggest shitfight hes ever seen. It tends to work very very well. If he doesnt belive that you will do it make a phone call to the local paper in front of him,

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:48   #6 (permalink)
wasting money on cars

my xr8 ute does the same thing only started at 10000ks but i found if you take off with a bit more revs it doesnt happen at all.im not saying you have to rev the shite out of it.still should not happen at all
dicast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons