Bigger fuel tank - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2004, 15:16   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Bigger fuel tank

Has anyone had any experience with putting in a extended or second fuel tank into a AU or BA falcon?

Where do they go, into your spare wheel area in the sedans? How much are they? How safe are they?

Why did ford make the fuel tanks so small on the sedans? 60 something litres is silly. 100L would be great.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2004, 17:35   #2 (permalink)

Re: Bigger fuel tank

60l isnt that a 6cyl tank?
xf fairmont ghias came out with 90l tanks
just get a v8 tank in there
wildss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 17:43   #3 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Most vehicle's these day's only have around the 70litre tank, gone are the day's of long range tank's, unless you have a 4wd and wish to purchase a long range tank, but I find the 68 litre tank to be adequate.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2004, 18:24   #4 (permalink)

do you really want another 40 kilos of weight in the already heavy BA?
Blueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:34   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
do you really want another 40 kilos of weight in the already heavy BA?
Well yeh, if its something important like fuel capacity. And when its empty the weight is gone!If you don't want the weight, you just don't fill it up as much.

I know the Utes (and wagons?) come with larger tanks. Commo's have 75litre tanks (although not all that is useable). E-gas cars have 93 and 116l tanks (so there must be some room around there for them.

75 litre verse 68 litre that could mean a extra ~100 km range per tank of fuel on the highway.

I know BMW and Merc still make big tanks, take a S class or a 7 series, 100+ litre tanks.

I've heard of people putting them in Commodores but I hadn't heard of anyone doing it with a late model falcon. I guess they don't do it anymore.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:46   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPhido
Well yeh, if its something important like fuel capacity. And when its empty the weight is gone!If you don't want the weight, you just don't fill it up as much.

I know the Utes (and wagons?) come with larger tanks. Commo's have 75litre tanks (although not all that is useable). E-gas cars have 93 and 116l tanks (so there must be some room around there for them.

75 litre verse 68 litre that could mean a extra ~100 km range per tank of fuel on the highway.

I know BMW and Merc still make big tanks, take a S class or a 7 series, 100+ litre tanks.

I've heard of people putting them in Commodores but I hadn't heard of anyone doing it with a late model falcon. I guess they don't do it anymore.
The big E gas (LPG) is a 3 tank system only available on the wagon. It sits under the cargo floor and the spare wheel sits inside. There is no petrol tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons