blooodyy upset!! damn dealers!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2005, 13:36   #1 (permalink)

blooodyy upset!! damn dealers!!!

guys help please...i took my au xr8 down for repair bcos the engine was very shaky and the car was using alot of fuel, so they change the leads and tell me the problems fixed..like always nopes didnt fix it...so i took it down again and they bloody tell me "mate the fuel preassure regulator might b blocked and might not be under warranty, so i lost it and asked why?? he replyed sayn "the fuel filter was very very dirty, means ur using dirty fuel mate, its a secondary cause and the warranty wont cover it..." i think thta s****ing bullshit bcos the car goes through regular service intervals so they can change the fuel filter and avoid these kinds of problems...the car still at the dealers and will finalise all today...but how bloody lame..i said to him, mate i onlu use optimax and bp ultimate and he goes "yeah could be very dirty bp ultimate and optimax...tell me what ya reckon i should do?? i mean this is ****ed!!!
mr_xlr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 14:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: blooodyy upset!! damn dealers!!!

The service manager/advisor, has 1 job to do.
That is interface from the technicians to the customer. In the end they are customer facing people and their job is to make sure that the customer is happy. They are obviously not achieving this.

It sounds like the dealer is trying to put the blame back on the customer. Not sure why though. Doesn't Ford pay for all warranty parts & labour. It would be in the dealers favour to ensure that your problem is a warranty claim.

What you should do:
1. Call the dealer back and advise them to prove that the Fuel is Dirty. EG a blocked fuel filter. Replaced faulty/blocked parts.
2. If they question you, advise them that you "WILL" !!! call Ford Customer Relations. (PM me for the number)
3. Ask to speak to his BOSS !! (I'm serious about this). Don't get frustrated, get even.
4. Remember you are a customer, you have spent a lot of money on your Ford and associated services & parts. They have to be nice to you.
tonester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 19:25   #3 (permalink)

I've come across instances recently (both myself and others) where dealers are reluctant to help customers push through a "warranty" job. My guess is because they would rather the $80-100 per hour plus parts at retail from the customer, than warranty labour rates and parts cost price from Ford Australia. Dealers make minimal margin from Warranty jobs, lots of margin from you.

If they don't want to do a warranty job, but you insist, they will say they're going to charge you for the pull down, and then get Ford to look at it, not charging you if the claim is valid. Sure, they have to protect themselves from frivilous claims, and I agree totally with that, but at the end of the day, YOU must deal with a dealer you are happy with.

If you are not happy, then go somewhere else.
smooth dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32   #4 (permalink)

Its definitely all about the dealer. Having worked at one in the past I know for a fact they can push warranty jobs through if they want to no matter how dubious. I remember the dealer i worked for replaced the diff in a 6 month AU XR6 which had completely bald tyres.
So yeah, if you dealer isn't looking after you, find one who will.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:06   #5 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

heres a very simple idea.....take it somewhere else.
if that fails then ring Ford Aus directly and complain to them about your treatment.
Old 02-17-2005, 13:40   #6 (permalink)
speedracer

I had simular problems and decicded to ring head office now car is fixed but ill never buy or get my car serviced at blacktown never again.

bunch of incompedent morons
Old 02-17-2005, 16:54   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 tonner
I had simular problems and decicded to ring head office now car is fixed but ill never buy or get my car serviced at blacktown never again.

bunch of incompedent morons
Sounds like most of the tradesmen I have dealt with in Blacktown, even ones that were highly recommended to me. Only good one I have found is Pedders, but they charge like a wounded bull, and that's NO BULL
Old 02-17-2005, 16:55   #8 (permalink)

well he rang me up and said that it wasnt dirty fuel and now they dont know whats wrong with the engine, they have spent 27 hours on it and piston 1 and 6 and ****in up not injectors not the fuel lines, all clear but engine works as if only 2 cylinders operate!!! so he tells me things have gone worse...
Old 02-19-2005, 23:27   #9 (permalink)

ok the injectors have been sent away to some place in north sydney for a service or whateva...he says if that doesnt fix the problem then they will need to take the cylinder heads off and god knows what...
Old 02-20-2005, 01:04   #10 (permalink)

I feel for you! I know exactly were your coming from. Just take it higher until something starts to happen.
TS 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons