Bootlid and Footwel Website ;) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2003, 17:49   #1 (permalink)

Bootlid and Footwel Website ;)

Hi everyone,
Some time ago I stumbled upon a post in the forum with a link to a website where someone had quite kindly provided details on installing a liner to the Bootlid of the BA and also adding the footwel lights to a BA with Premium sound etc etc

Unfortunately I've lost the link and despite quite a few vaired search attempts I've not been able to find the post again...

Can someone help me out here?

A.
aaronmihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2003, 18:14   #2 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

It was probably a link to my site.

The link is in my signature.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 21:51   #3 (permalink)

Re: Bootlid and Footwel Website ;)

Yes, It surely was!

Thanks JR

A.
aaronmihe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 17:55   #4 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

The Bootliner is available for all AU Falcons as well.

My mate bought one for his Series III Narooma XR6 when he saw the one in my Blueprint BA XR8. And since his father-in-law had been scratching the boot lid with his golf clubs all the time he was pretty damn chuffed about it.

Lukeyson
Luke Plaizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 18:03   #5 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

While I'm here, JR, did you end up finding out anything more about the illuminated window controls? I remember vaguely that you were considering them a long time ago.

I noticed that mine have a small backlight in them, so I'm not sure if that's what you were talking about or if there was any other illumination you were after.

PS: I like your engine-bay mods - especially that airbox cover. Good stuff. I should probably join the Newcastle club sometime soon....

Lukeyson

Last edited by Luke Plaizier; 09-24-2003 at 03:50.
Old 09-21-2003, 18:12   #6 (permalink)
JR
Editor on P Plates

With the power window switches, there are 2 types. XT/Futura/XR get un-illuminated, while Fairmont/Ghia/FPV get illuminated (supposedly).

But it seems early QA was a bit patchy though and it was a case of whatever switch was closest to hand got inserted. My car has illuminated drivers door but all the others are un-illuminated.

I have a part number for the illuminated passenger switch, but no-one can seemingly tell me if the ridiculous price they quote (approx $170 IIRC) if for 1 passenger switch or all 3.

If it's for all three, great, if it's for one, who cares that the passengers can't see the switches in the dark!

At the time I was looking for them, I stumbled into an opportunity to get a set of FPV centrecaps for my wheels, and ended up spending my money there instead of on the switches. I've just never got back around to looking further into it.

Cheers
Jason
Editor: Street Fords Magazine - Issue #1 on sale MARCH 2005
E-mail: jr@streetfords.com

Co Founder: 3FB Inc.
To see my old BA Falcon XR6, click HERE
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 18:52   #7 (permalink)

I picked up my XR8 on Friday and discovered that all of the switches are illuminated, It is strange how some are and others miss out.

Cheers, Bazza.
BS888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 22:00   #8 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

OK, I haven't checked my passenger switches to see if they are illuminated. I'll go check it tonight when I can actually tell if the things are on or not.

Wouldn't they have a picture of the components on the Computers at Spare Parts? I would have thought you'd find out that way.

I took a look at the Air-Filter setup in my XR8 last night - and boy, it looks nothing like yours! So I read about it - and no wonder, it's a new system design to take the Conical Filter Element from the Cobra. (http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring.../8_10_for2.htm and http://www.fpv.com.au/newsarchiveres...656&pid=&min=0).

Also, the cold-air intake feeds into the back of the headlight and not with a snorkel like the XR6/XR6T.

Lukeyson
Old 09-22-2003, 22:01   #9 (permalink)
My Neck Hurts....

On another note, I wonder if the XR8 is supposed to have all switches illuminated - meaning that all those out there with non-illuminated switches could claim a warranty fix?

Lukeyson
Old 09-22-2003, 22:10   #10 (permalink)

My July 2003 build XR8 with premium sound has illuminated window switches on all doors ex factory and now thanks to contributors on this site, the boot liner and illuminated footwells. Many thanks.
BeansNoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons