Ford Forums banner

BOSS 5.4L V8 Porblems.

22K views 50 replies 27 participants last post by  Luke 
#1 ·
G'day

Im currently looking at purchasing at BA XR8 Ute. Given that ford has just introduced the new BOSS 5.4L V8, just inquiring if there has been any problems with this motor so far.

Cheers.

#2 ·
My brother is a fleet manager and has noticed a couple of noticable problems with his fleet:

1. Water pump failure
2. Radiator failure (cracking due to heat stresses)
3. Window failure.

This applies to the earlier BAs and it is to my understanding that they were all warranty jobs anyway. I know that the coolant system cracking due to temperature stresses has been resolved.

#3 · (Edited)
have had mine 4 months no problems just let the glory days continue cant get enough of this...

#4 ·
Only problem with mine is I want to drive it all the time.
:doh: Me thinks I will buy shares in a petrol company

Regards

Paul

#8 ·
lol @ noel

yeah it may be....

#10 ·
vyssute said:
i have heard that VERY few have oil problems

but nothing like the Gen 3
All motor's especially handbuilt one's will use a little oil durring the running in process, which is what we have heard about,it's just unfourtunate the media has got wind of it and tried to make it into something it isn't.

#12 ·
The initial batch of 100-150 290 engines from FPV had what was considered to be excessive oil use when running in and in some cases up as much as 10,000kms. This problem was immediately addressed and is claimed to be no longer an issue. When you consider this is a new engine design by FPV, you can't ask much more than that.

G
#15 ·
Wot Probs

I Have Just Hit 9500k's And The Only Drama I Have Is Iv'e Gone Through A Set Of Front Pads Already. Local Dealer Thinks It Might Be A Problem So I Might Get A Set Of Pads For Nicks. My Ba Xr Is By Far The Best Car I Have Ever Owned And The Consumpsion Of Sp9's, Ultimate 98 And Premium Brake Pads Is Well Worth It.....cant Get Enough Of This...yeh

#25 ·
hi memphis, about 420 klms, but you dont buy a V8 and then worry about fuel economy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.