bps the go! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2003, 00:38   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up bps the go!

Finally got 380k out of a tank city driving med to hard using BP ultimate.
Whys this stuff so much better, posted a while ago that others were 330 - 340k, not acceptable! ( damm that awefull woolies metho will never go near my car again hehe)
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2003, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
More horsepower required

I filled up last Sunday night with BP ultimate in Heathmont . I've done 267k , and it tells me I have a range of 192 to go . All city and suburbs driving , taking it to 5 every now and then . When I filled it up , it showed a range of 368.
I noticed the overall fuel milage is now sitting on a flat 20L per 100k ( down from 23.5 )
Not too shabby for an BA XR8 .
Old 05-01-2003, 01:01   #3 (permalink)
blue blooded

xr6t's

18 L/100km sounds about right for city/heayfoot driving ... how many k's on the clock ? ... I heard someone say that the first 4000km it has been programmed to run rich ... maybe it was a rumour ...

I'm getting about 520km out of tank ...... it's a ute

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
svtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:21   #4 (permalink)
THE PHANTOM

Add k's travelled to dte, which is 267+192=459kM per 68litres. This equates to 68/459 x 100=14.8lper100k's. If your avg fuel metre was reset when you filled up it would be very close to this, depending on how you last drove the car because it takes a while to while to average out the calcs.

I have found my trip, range, and avg fuel economy computer very accurate, but don't forget to reset each time you fill up.
Old 05-01-2003, 01:37   #5 (permalink)

I'm actually very surprised at the economy in my turbo ute. Im getting about 14+ litres per 100ks, which is over 550 ks for a ute.
PURSUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:57   #6 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Quote:
Originally posted by FANTM1
Add k's travelled to dte, which is 267+192=459kM per 68litres. This equates to 68/459 x 100=14.8lper100k's. If your avg fuel metre was reset when you filled up it would be very close to this, depending on how you last drove the car because it takes a while to while to average out the calcs.

I have found my trip, range, and avg fuel economy computer very accurate, but don't forget to reset each time you fill up.
The last few tanks , i've been giving it a hard time , but I always reset my tripmeter. I decided not to go too beserk on this tank , and see where it gets me. Looking good so far. When I take a trip up to Echuca in the next few weeks , 1 tank looks like it will be more than enough .

BTW Doesnt the average L/100 relate to the overall milage of car . I didn't think you could reset it .
Fordhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 02:53   #7 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Well there you go . Learn something new everyday. Just went to shops and resest the average L/100 beforehand.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:06   #8 (permalink)
Driver of a BA XR8!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fordhead
I noticed the overall fuel milage is now sitting on a flat 20L per 100k ( down from 23.5 )
Not too shabby for an BA XR8 .
20 flat! Gee boy, you must be given yours a hard time. Mine shows about 17L/100Km now. I never even got that while I was bedding it in!

I done a short/long distance trip in my XR8 the other week. From what I calculated back, it is theoreticly possible to get anywere between 550 -750 out of a tank. I know it's a big gap, but I didn't fill up before I left and was giving it hell the day before.

ALex

"Give me any task to do, and I will find something else to do in it's place." Plato - a definition of procrastination
maco65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 18:26   #9 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

I'm averaging 15 flat for my 8. And I'm not shy with it either. I'm usually getting ~400-450 from a tank..
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 22:04   #10 (permalink)
Darkside Intruder!

Wow thats some bad fuel economy, i didnt know it was that much, i get 11L per 100k's in my LS1, i dont baby it either.
VXLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons