Brad Garlick Ford - Victoria Rd. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2003, 22:15   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Brad Garlick Ford - Victoria Rd.

Driving past Brad Garlick Ford today, i decided to pop in for a look at the phantom & blueprint Pursuits (blueprint one - build no.85) and the GT in the showroom, seeing as though i've never seen one in the flesh.

The salesman- can't remember his name - was an absolute champ and started the pursuit up and let it rip... Now i can see why everyone constantly goes on about the sound! It was awesome, i even found the rough idle pretty cool too And i don't know what the big deal is with journos and the starter button, IMO its pretty damn cool.

Had a chat to him about the auto vs manual in the GT. He said he'd personally take the manual, but found the auto to be a lot better than he expected. If i had the choice, i have NFI what i'd take (but what a dilemma to have hey?)!

Also told him i couldn't believe how much our BA n/a XR6 has loosened up after 6000k's. The sound has just gotten SO much BETTER, and it goes harder now too. I can only imagine how much better a run-in XR8 etc would feel compared to new. The difference is very noticeable.

Also, for anyone wondering about this (i know a few guys in the audio section are) the 'auxillary' (spelling) plug for premium sound is $550 and is tuned through FM RADIO. So if your wanting to get your MP3 player connected, its really not worth the money, seeing as the FM reception is not as good as a dedicated input. The service dude said they can't fit a standard auxillary jack (3.5mm) because of the complicated nature of the BA Stereo...

All in all, can't wait to get my stepdad back to Brad Garlick for a GT testdrive (salesman offered). Great stuff :D
He|mut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2003, 22:50   #2 (permalink)
gone

Re: Brad Garlick Ford - Victoria Rd.

Awesome Effort!

Dont forget the pitch about fordforums when you go back to the sales man!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 23:50   #3 (permalink)
When 2 T3s are not enough

Got my T3 from them and found them very good to, its a pitty ford dont back there dealers as well as Garlicks back there costomers
Noboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 00:48   #4 (permalink)
Oxford Green AU

Quote:
Originally Posted by He|mut
Also, for anyone wondering about this (i know a few guys in the audio section are) the 'auxillary' (spelling) plug for premium sound is $550 and is tuned through FM RADIO. So if your wanting to get your MP3 player connected, its really not worth the money, seeing as the FM reception is not as good as a dedicated input. The service dude said they can't fit a standard auxillary jack (3.5mm) because of the complicated nature of the BA Stereo...
$550 for an FM Modulator? I'd be telling them where to stick it, and it's not in my car.

It would be possible to run the phone interface as an Aux in. Just run the Interface speaker input out to a 3.5mm jack and insert an on switch for the Aux in that supplies 12v to the phone mute sense terminal.

Cost = About $5
Old 06-30-2003, 01:48   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

Hey now thats an idea...

We have the handsfree kit, and the radio automatically mutes itself during an incoming call and displays 'MEDIA' on the ICC screen.

The little image shown on the screen also looks VERY similar to a 3.5mm headphone plug as well :D lol

But if i did that, wouldn't the music i play go through the phone speaker, and not the real speakers?

Maybe, just maybe...
Old 06-30-2003, 02:27   #6 (permalink)

On the ford website it states the Auxiliary Audio Plug-in (Cassette & MP3 capability) is only $65, is that the same one you are on about He|mut cos it sounds rather expensive it they are quoting $550.

Cheers
Matt
MattAtkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:44   #7 (permalink)
Ford Member

Yes, yes it is..

..Dammit this is frustrating! You go to one place, they say this much, then you go to another place and its totally different.

Far out - i just want my aux plug dammit :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons