Brand New XR8 - The Downfall - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2003, 16:17   #1 (permalink)
is FORD....is GOOD!

Brand New XR8 - The Downfall

Okay just before you take out your reply shotguns hearme out

The car is Awesome, i got Blood Orange, BA XR8, Fully optioned (minues the roof :( )

Anywas the car is very responsive, good fuel efficiency for an 8, im gettig on average 11p/100km although at times the fuel gauge goes down alot faster than i would like it, but hey it comes with the teritory i guess.

Anyways if there were to be any improvements in a series II, i believe they should do something about the Doors, and the roof, I have an Audi A4 2002 model, and the roof in that has a lot more to offer (including the sun viser setup), the BA XR8 without a roof looks like a massive white footbll field with one umpire (dome light) standing in the middle of it and the visers are nothing special, no lights or anything. The Doors are very solid, they feel great but could be improved, they dont offer any arm rests for the passengers and with the leather option i would have expected some more "cow hide" on the door.

None the less, I love the car, me being the driver i got the premium ICC and the Gorgeous detailed dashboard so i got no complaints just cant be bothered with Ford haters picking on these little bits.

Im still running in the thing now (302km) and still going, not giving ti to much, i take it up to 3K rpm at times but not full throttle and havent gone hard off the lights yet, the Bulge and its Burble appear to be getting louder everytime I start the baby up

All in All, the BA is a masterpiece with minor inperfections

I wish yous al the same oppurtunity i have

Take - it - Easy (too 200kmh haha0

seeya

PS Will post pics soon
ITSOVR - XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2003, 16:25   #2 (permalink)
gone

Thats a fair call, and have to agree with you

I would like to see a better remote designed for the S2 as both mine have broken to date!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 16:44   #3 (permalink)

Blood Orange I think is a great colour for the XR8, I saw one the other day with tinted windows - brilliant. I would have got it for my XR6 but thought it too pretentious.

Enjoy the car,
Tony
XR6HOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 16:47   #4 (permalink)
FF Town Sheriff

Intersting! I'll see what differences mine has with a sunroof, when it arrives wednesday!

" i will own another V8, just what type of body it's in is another question. "
philbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 16:56   #5 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Good points ITSOVR - XR8.

The other thing as AP has pointed out is that with the BA's high seating position a tall person cannot use the visor in an XR8. The bulge takes up so much front view real estate that there is only the thinnest slither of view between the bulge and the visor.

There's a blood orange XR8 manual ute with leather and Psound at my local dealer, talk about imposing. Good thing about the utes is there is less roof in them to look boring and the only passengers in the back are the dogs and they'll be too busy trying to hold on to the bedliner to care about the roofliner.
Old 06-12-2003, 18:25   #6 (permalink)
More horsepower required

Quote:
Originally posted by Madder
Good points ITSOVR - XR8.

There's a blood orange XR8 manual ute with leather and Psound at my local dealer, talk about imposing.
Jefferson have had that ute in the showroom for almost 2 months. I thought it would have well and truly been snapped up by now
Fordhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 18:49   #7 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

I drive the old mans BA Fairmont (tricked up) and i find the seating position can be set really low compared with AU.
Old 06-12-2003, 19:11   #8 (permalink)
FFing Festive

Quote:
Fordhead
Jefferson have had that ute in the showroom for almost 2 months. I thought it would have well and truly been snapped up by now
There's one at Jefferson as well??!

Quote:
TurboDOHC
I drive the old mans BA Fairmont (tricked up) and i find the seating position can be set really low compared with AU.
Well the seating can be set lowish, but combined with a shallow windscreen/ low front roofline, a visor, a BOSS hood and a tall person it don't work.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:24   #9 (permalink)

The sunroof makes a world of difference!! wish I had a electric wind back of the bottom cover too!!
BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint, Momo Steering, Momo Shifter, Leather, Sunroof, Premium Sound, Premium Brakes, 20" X 8.5" HP Hekitk Wheels. Herrod Lowering Springs and Chip, Brad Garlic Reprogramme, NO REAR SPOILER.
Kawasaki ZX 10R, Lime Green. 0-100kms/hr 2.8 sec, 0-160kms/hr in under 5.5 sec. 0-400m 9.4 sec. First gear sees you to 185kms/hr. THE CHAMP IS HERE!
Kypez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 18:48   #10 (permalink)
FM
The SparkleHunter™

Quote:
Originally posted by laminge
I would like to see a better remote designed for the S2 as both mine have broken to date!
You're not meant to sit on them big fella
FordForums Polo Shirts & Caps are now on sale.. Get both for $50.00 + postage. Click here for details!
FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons