Broke my interior light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Australian Falcons Discuss the australian born and bred models here. Includes the 80's 90's and present day Falcons offered by Ford Oz.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2004, 16:34   #1 (permalink)
Loco

Broke my interior light

Is it possible to get a new plastic covering for the Interior Light on my AUII forte?

I was cleaning my car on the weekend, and tried to take it off to have a look at the specs of the bulb (so I could change it to a brighter white (not yellow) bulb) but the plastic broke.

As well as the plastic covering, what anyone have the specs of the bulb I need to replace the current bulb with a whiter light? The yellow shits me.

Cheers
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2004, 18:05   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: Broke my interior light

should still be able to get them form ford maybe even the wreckers. mine broke and ill tell you now...if its the little clip bit that broke then dont even bother rtying to glue it as it will just break again when you put it back on.
Old 04-06-2004, 20:31   #3 (permalink)
Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
should still be able to get them form ford maybe even the wreckers. mine broke and ill tell you now...if its the little clip bit that broke then dont even bother rtying to glue it as it will just break again when you put it back on.
Thats what I figured.

How do you get it off without braking it, if I pop down to the wreckers?
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 21:27   #4 (permalink)
{';'}

You can buy them from Ford brand new for about $5. Just take it off slowly next time!! It should unclip from one end and then just come out from the other. For a brighter 'white', I just made an LED setup. I am unaware if you can buy them already made. If you do find something, can you inform us?

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:33   #5 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

The festoon globe on my AU isn't yellow, doesn't shit me, and I don't have any problem with it. Like what Xrated said, they are about $5 from a Ford dealer. Go and get it and while you're there ask them if they sell different brighter festoon globes.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > Australian Falcons