Ok, I got alot of questions about my '73 Falcon 500 Wagon.
1. How do I equalise the handbrake? its 20% oneside, 180% the other apparently (w.o.f testing).
2. Whats the best way to fix the upper door hinge (right drivers)? its dropped a bit, and it looks like it needs new sleeves or something, its quite loose.
3. Where would the best place be to chuck an LPG cylinder? Im thinking under the car so I can keep the room in the back, which is the reason I got a wagon.
4. How do I fix play in the steering box? Power steering (thank my lucky stars), it wobbles a little before it steers, I think it could just be a slightly loose linkage somewhere.
5. V8 conversion or not? , its got a 3.3L in it at th moment, 200ci, high compresion.
What would I need, apart from mounts and a new box to complete the conversion? What would you guys suggest for the gearbox? And what should I get to keep the column change?, or would the curent box (3 speed manual, all syncro, supposed to be heavy duty) do the job, th v8 isnt gonna be suppa-duppa hp mill, just standard to an extent, maybe 250hp max.
The v8 is a 302 Windsor. And I already have it.
6. Q's about the 302, what sort of dizzy should I get? SIngle, double point, or elec?
Manifold? Should be suited to LPG.
I also need the gears, flywheel, possibly drive shaft, plus alternator mounts, powersteering mounts, and can I use the 6cyl starter at all?
And what cost am I looking at for all this?
7. Should the rear be upgraded to disc brakes for the 8 pot?
8. Im a bit of a v8 nutter and would love to whack the 302 in, but would I be better off finding an alloy head the the 6, or maybe getting another (250ci) 6cyl?